38 | TIMELESS BOND

June 2011Stark Tower, New York

June 2011
Stark Tower, New York

DAYS LATER

Rose woke up to the feeling of sounds on her body, morning traffic was no joke. The noise of the distant cars (surprising since she was on the upper floor of the tower) reminded her that she wasn't in her own apartment and that the fact that she woke up three decades forward in time wasn't a dream.

Again.

She remained with her eyes closed and rolled over on the bed, remembering what the past days had been like.

Tony found out surprisingly fast about the remaining people she wished for information about. Sam had died in the 90s and didn't remarry again, Florence had begun to study medicine but quit, marrying a few years before her mother passed, had two kids but was now divorced. Finn's body was never found.

Rebecca had died a few years ago after battling cancer, her son had passed away in the late 90s, married but didn't have children, thus ending the Barnes' bloodline. Their life was apparently calm and without too many hardships, Rose thought Bucky would've been happy for his sister.

Caroline and Tim both married and had children, the latter divorcing twice; Care was still married. She lived in DC and Tim had remained in his home town, the bakery's family business was still running thanks to him and his family. Lawrence had died of an aneurism in the late 80s and Peggy had been diagnosed with Alzheimer in 1999. Tony had said that they kept her file pretty hidden —earning a reprimanding look from his aunt making him assure her that he hadn't done anything illegal...mostly. She remembered the file where it said Peggy was living in the UK, but she knew it wasn't true, Tony confirmed it when he discovered where she lived, a retirement home, Rose appreciated that SHIELD was keeping her location secret though.

She hoped Peggy was healthy enough to still remember her; it pained her to think that someone's mind as bright as her friend had would be deteriorating, Dr Henryk was a different case.

Finally, there was Daniel. They had told her at SHIELD that he retired in 1979 and passed away in the early 90s. Tony informed her that his mother had passed away the same year when Finn and she went missing. Daniel remained married to Dorothy who died years a couple of years after him. Leo went to college and Michael became an athlete.

Regarding Howie and Maria... she wanted Tony to be the one to tell her, so the only thing she really knew was that they died in a car accident. Tony told her some basic facts about their relationship and Stark industries but didn't dive in further. He told her about some of his life though, achievements and all that, how he graduated MIT at 17, his relationship with Pepper and two friends. 

He also explained to her that the glowing light in his chest was an arc reactor that kept him alive, impeding that metal shrapnel pierced his heart. How he got to that situation was something that he didn't share. Rose was tempted to ask google— sorry, just google about it, but she wanted to respect his privacy. What she did know, however, was about his superhero agenda. Iron Man. She had seen the suits in his workshop and he had told her about it then. From her side, she had also explained her powers in more depth to Tony, but she discovered he had learnt about them years ago, most of their capabilities at least, he did find out that she learned about an aspect of her echolocation when he got missing from a school trip though.