20 | ROSEMARY THOMPSON

Agent Carter 1x08

Agent Carter 1x08

May 1946
USA

"That was quick thinking you did back there Mr Jarvis," Rosemary said to the man. "Thank you for your help... although I don't really appreciate being labelled as one of Stark's friends."

"Well, I thought it would be believable. In any case, there is truly a Mary Drysdale who was a friend of Mr Stark." She raised her eyebrows.

"Lovely."

"So, how do you two know each other?" Jarvis asked from the driver seat, looking at Rosemary through the mirror. Agent Carter glanced at her through the right mirror of the car.

"We go a couple of years back," Rosemary answered, hinting that she didn't want to about the matter.

"The less you know Mr Jarvis the better," Peggy told him.

Edwin Jarvis was still trying to form an idea of the woman and her relationship with Peggy. But right now his boss and friend was in grave danger. After months of people incriminating him and labelling him a traitor, he was just glad that someone was willing to help him without an ulterior motive. Even though he didn't know the woman, he trusted and respected Peggy Carter which was reason enough for trusting the stranger in the backseat of the car.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Howard!" screamed Peggy running after the plane.

They had driven as fast as they could but they hadn't made it in time to stop Dr Fennhoff or Dorothy Underwood.

"How long until he reaches New York?" asked Carter handing guns to the two other agents that had joined them.

"Twelve minutes. Maybe less," answered Sousa.

"Maybe we could talk him down," suggested Thompson.

"You think he'd listen?" Sousa countered back.

"Chief did."

Peggy sighed, then looked at Jarvis. "Radio room?"

"Second floor of the hangar."

"I need someone to take one of those planes up," said Carter.

"Why?" asked Thompson, Peggy sighed exasperatedly.

"Shoot him down with a plane full of poisonous gas?" Sousa said incredulously grasping her plan.

"You'd have to do it over the water before he reaches land."

"Geez," said Sousa. When the group glanced at each other he refused. "Well, I'm not your guy. I've never flown a plane before."

"Likewise." The blonde agent said. Peggy looked at Rosemary who shook her head warily.