42 | CONFRONTATIONS

May 2012SHIELD Helicarrier

May 2012
SHIELD Helicarrier

Tony, Bruce and Rose were around a computer screen waiting for Tony's decryption program to finish, there had been a few fighting attempts from the program at SHIELD that had slowed down the process. The former two were no longer working on finding the Tesseract as they had done all they could at the moment, and the latter had discontinued her attempts of activating her sixth sense.

"What are you doing, Mr Stark?" Director Fury stormed in angrily to the lab.

"Uh...kind of been wondering the same thing about you," Tony answered unaffected remaining seated on the lab table.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract," Fury said sounding a lot like Captain America.

"We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile," Bruce clarified, Tony examined the man trying to see what he was so carefully hiding.

"Yeah, then you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss," said Tony, ears perking up when the monitor beeped, showing a collection of files. "What is phase 2?"

Steve dropped a weapon on the table catching everyone's attention. "Phase 2 is SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons," he was pissed but was remaining professional. Looking at Tony he added: "Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow for me."

Rose moved from her place besides Tony to look better at the weapon. "Is this a joke?" she scoffed looking at Fury angrily. "Why is this thing here?"

"Agent Thompson, Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract," he tried to explain. "This does not mean that we're making—"

"I'm sorry, Nick," Tony interrupted, not bothering to address him by his last name or title. He moved the screen towards him showing weaponry plans unamused. "What were you lying?"

"I was wrong, director," Steve told him. "The world hasn't changed a bit."

No sooner had he stopped speaking than Thor and Agent Romanoff entered the lab, the latter with her eyes set on the scientist, both on edge after the woman discovered that Loki's intention was to unleash the Hulk.

"Did you know about this?" Dr Banner asked her.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" the woman ignored his question.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed," he responded.

"Loki's manipulating you," the red-haired woman said.

"And you've been doing what exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy." Focusing his attention on the director he said persistently: "I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."