04 | AWAKENING

September 1943Hydra's Headquarters, Swiss Alps

September 1943
Hydra's Headquarters, Swiss Alps

It had been weeks since Rosemary had returned to the base which she hadn't missed at all. She had gone back to her dull room, living surrounded by strangers, carrying out missions that she despised for people she despised even more. The only good thing about it was that her father didn't lie and she had been able to see her mother when she returned.

It was hard to convince her father that Steven Grant Rogers wasn't a threat and that as long as he kept being a circus clown he wouldn't be—which deep down she believed wouldn't happen; Steve was bound to do as his heart wanted eventually, but her father didn't need to know that. Therefore, there was no need to bring unnecessary attention to the secret organization for the assassination of a public figure.

When the time came for Rosemary to leave, both friends were anguished. Rosemary was the reason Steve truly enjoyed the tour, she felt like a piece of home in unfamiliar places, even if she hadn't been in his life for a long time. For Rosemary, Steve didn't necessarily bring a piece of home —she wouldn't know how that felt— but he did bring a feeling of belonging that she hadn't felt in forever. Prior to her departure, Steve had insisted on accompanying her to the train station,  she had tried persuading him not to but he was very adamant about his idea. He didn't know her train ticket was a diversion since she was supposed to meet a Hydra agent in a secluded location so she could return to the headquarters underwater. They parted ways on the station and as soon as he was out of sight, Rosemary got off the train and went to where she was really supposed to be.

They had promised to keep in touch and she wouldn't be surprised if someone was receiving letters from an unknown man addressed to a woman named Anne Watson.

Currently, there were six people sparring in one of Hydra's training rooms or, if you prefer a more accurate description, there were currently five people getting their asses kicked by an enhanced and very skilled assassin.

Two other people came into the room but that did nothing to disturb any of the agents, instead of interrupting the session, they decided to wait considering it wasn't going to last much longer.

A long time had passed since Rosemary tried to escape, so she was no longer wearing a collar that would block her powers, then again, she didn't need her powers to fight someone.

As she sent the last agent to the ground by throwing him behind her with her shoulders, she looked up to the agents that she had seen enter a moment ago.  When she acknowledged the men, who weren't wearing masks, they continued the task they had been sent for.

"You are requested in the Doctor's office Echo," one of them said. She sent them a nod and followed them to said room not glancing to the agents on the floor. Ever since she had become an official agent (younger than Hydra accustomed to) she had no longer been Subject 19 and had been introduced as Echo, Hydra's most prized possession.