01 | THE STAR-SPANGLED MAN WITH A PLAN

Warning: Mention of attempted sexual assault.  Represented with ***. I do not consider it to be very graphic but I marked it in case someone is sensitive towards reading scenes with this connotation.

 I do not consider it to be very graphic but I marked it in case someone is sensitive towards reading scenes with this connotation

June 1943
Hydra's Headquarters, Swiss Alps

"I can't dance." Those were the first words she decided to speak after moments of silence. She was dumbfounded at the new mission she was assigned but spoke with a neutral expression.

"This is not a request, it's an order Beatrycze." Even though she couldn't complain about the mission because it was the least murderous one she was ordered in a long time. She was simply confused by the mission itself since it was very unhydralike.

Rosemary tried to speak with an understanding tone instead of one that implied defiance "I suppose the people organizing this will select women who have a dancing career or at least expertise in—" She could tell that Dr Henryk was getting irritated by her reasoning so she decided to shut her mouth.

"I assigned you a mission and I expect it to be carried out with success. I do not care if you do not know how to dance, you will find a way to get accepted because you are ordered to do so to complete said mission." His voice got more stern as he kept talking. "If the man turns out to be a failed attempt of success as Schmidt thinks he is, you leave and the mission is over. However, his little achievements have always blinded him, so when this man proves to be a threat you eliminate him."

And there is the Hydra motto I was missing.

When she was told by her father that she had to investigate Steve Rogers who was Dr Erskine first -and only super-soldier Rosemary wasn't surprised. She supposed that her mission would have been to simply kill him —which would've been hard on her— or at least to make him bleed so she could take a sample of his blood. 

She wasn't expecting to be ordered to infiltrate on the new parade the United States government was doing with him to raise money for the army, even less as one of the dancers that were accompanying the super-soldier. She wasn't bothered by the singing as much as she was about the dancing, the singing she could just modify the sound of her voice (albeit with extreme difficulty), dancing was a completely different skill that she had never even tried, they trained her to be an assassin, a spy, not how to infiltrate on dance clubs.

She was also confused by the US army's preference to dispose of a soldier with enhanced physical abilities instead of making him go and fight in the front lines and why the SSR wasn't using him to attack Hydra bases.

Yes, that would've been a much better choice than using him as a circus entertainer.

"Beatrycze." Her middle name, which was only used by one person whom she despised —the reason she also despised the name,  sucked her out of her thoughts and she looked back at Dr Henryk.