17 | AT LONG LAST

April 1945Poland

April 1945
Poland

Four bases had been eliminated from the map so far. 

Although most of the soldiers still didn't trust her, at least they let her be uncuffed when they arrived at a base. Throughout almost two months of missions, she had grown to admire the work ethic between the soldiers. They were a team, they went on missions together, but there was also partnership and friendship between them. If any of them was being attacked, they didn't leave them to fend for themselves, they defended him not just because they were valuable assets but because of commitment and companionship, they were valuable because they were people, the total opposite of Hydra.

It was also nice to have another woman as a partner, even if said woman wasn't fond of her. Women weren't allowed in Hydra, she was the exception and got accepted begrudgingly. She knew it wasn't common for women to be in the army unless they were combat nurses, but she took notice that the men around Agent Carter respected her and followed her orders not just because of her rank but because they trusted her judgment. Nonetheless, there were still a few men that looked at her in disdain, but Rosemary was sure Carter didn't really care what they thought.

Being around those soldiers and a group like the Howling Commandos who were practically a family, was refreshing, albeit lonely because the care and trust for one another weren't directed at her and she wasn't part of that bond. It made her miss Steve and Bucky much more than she already did, but she tried not to think about them that much otherwise her days would be duller than they already were.

She thought about looking for them with her powers since none of their bodies was ever found but she had tried looking for dead people once and all she saw was darkness, no location. She had concluded then that she could only find people who were alive. Moreover, even if she could've, she didn't have anything of them to track them with.

They are dead. And you will never see them again, she kept telling herself.

"Dziedzic," her thoughts were interrupted by Morita, who gestured at her cuffs signalling her to move her wrists forward so he could free her.

They were already near the Hydra base and were planning to enter some of their vehicles so they could approach further.

Free from cuffs, Rosemary followed them into the vehicles, helping incapacitate some of the agents. When they reached the base the Captain America's former team, Agent Carter and Rosemary moved to a zone where they couldn't be seen as the rest of the soldiers cleared the perimeter.

"We can't move any further without making ourselves known. Do you think you can picture the base from here?" Agent Carter asked her.

Rosemary looked around to see any possibilities that would end up with her sending her sound waves into the facility. Seeing men unloading boxes from the trucks and heading towards the inside of the base, she responded: "Yeah. I just need those men to open that door."