16 | (UN)TRUSTED ALLY

DAYS LATERMarch 1945

DAYS LATER
March 1945

New SSR Headquarters, London

Rosemary was still handcuffed. However, this time her restraints were ones that had been made by Howard Stark to block her powers. She hadn't met the man, but she knew he lived up to his reputation if he managed to create something even remotely similar to the collar her father had made. 

She was a lot more comfortable with inhibition bracelets than that hideous collar though.

She had spent the past days thinking of the doctor although she tried not to. The image of him practically losing his marbles was stuck in her memory. Her father was a man that prided himself for his exceptional mind, everyone in Hydra knew how bright he was, his worst nightmare would be to know that this was how he ended up.

You rip what you sow, she thought.

However, she was angry that he wasn't truly aware of reality. Rosemary wanted him to see the empire he worked so avidly to build, fall to the ground. She wanted him to live the rest of his life in a small box just how he forced her mother to live. But he wasn't paying for his crimes. Sure, having a mental illness, what in his own words would've been 'losing his mind', was his worst nightmare...but he wasn't aware he was living it. And that burned her inside.

A small part of her she didn't want to acknowledge actually felt bad for him and worried for his well being. If he happened to be schizophrenic the treatments weren't too advanced and she didn't know if he would be able to live as normal as possible with his illness... but whenever she thought too much about his future she always ended up pissed knowing that he would get the resources he needed anyhow whereas other people more deserving than him could not.

A jab in her head snapped Rosemary out of her thoughts. It was possible that she had a headache due to overthinking about her father, but she was sure it was for restraining the intuitive element in her that wanted to show her something and draw. She was surprised that although her sound manipulation was restrained, her sixth sense ability wasn't, but she thought it was because Stark only thought about limiting the energy waves coming from her body.

The headache didn't hurt much, but she didn't know how much longer she could keep her very demanding ability at bay. She could've asked for papers and pencils, but Rosemary didn't want them knowing about her other powers. She didn't know if they would want to use her as a personal crystal ball, although locating people maybe wasn't so bad, she was already too exposed to them.

Being an SSR prisoner wasn't horrible though. Sure, she had a lot of glares thrown her way, given who she was, but they fed her three times a day; she didn't have to wake up at a certain time, train, torture someone, or kill anyone. Being their prisoner for a few days had been better than working for Hydra for more than ten years.

Currently, she was standing next to two guards waiting for the track that would bring the remaining six of the Howling Commandos and the other agents that she was going to join with on their first mission.