22 | THE SCIENTIST

Agent Carter 2X03

Agent Carter 2X03

July 1947
Arena Club, L.A.

"Welcome to the arena club, ladies" Howard opened his arms invitingly when the doors opened. Howard had liked Carter's plan very much indeed. "Now, don't ever say Howard Stark didn't get completely behind the suffragettes," he told the manager of the place. "You'll find the lounge through here and the pool table on the left. Anyone gives you any lip, tell them you're with Terry there," he pointed to the scandalized man.

"Mr Stark!"

"This way to the bar ladies," Jarvis showed them the way as the group of women chirpily entered, Rose and Peggy among them. The duo went separate ways, scouting the place to set the devices that would allow them to hear whatever happened inside.

Roaming the second floor, Rosemary planted all of the devices that she was responsible for. This was the most adventurous thing she had done in a year, it sent a thrill through her veins. She didn't need to use her powers, she was just glad she could help. Nonetheless, you would never find her willing to trade her tranquil life for the one she lived in Hydra or the SSR.

Having finished planting all the bugs, she grew concerned when Peggy hadn't met her yet. She went upstairs to the floor that was assigned to her, only to find several men coming down the stairs. She hid immediately, waiting for them to leave; surprised to see the candidate for senator, Chadwick, among them...perhaps she shouldn't have been.

When Rosemary was able to go to the upper floor, she saw a man getting inside the library room. She checked the rest of the rooms and realised that, since she couldn't find Peggy she must've been in the same one the had man entered.

She cursed and went inside, only to come face to face with the woman she was looking for startled, a bookshelf that was a secret door closing behind her.

"Dear God, Rose," she whispered.

"You were taking too long."

"I found complications. Come on, we need to go. Now," Peggy said walking out of the room, stepping softly so she wouldn't bring any attention.

The agent was holding a book that she later left on a table in the corridor, right when a man with a gruff face approached them.

"Hey you! You are not supposed to be in here." Jarvis came hurriedly behind him.

"Miss Wendy, Miss Mary, the powder room is that way," Jarvis sounded reprimand as he pointed the other way of the hall.

Peggy faked surprise, "Oh! I-I'm so sorry," she spoke with an American accent. "We get really confused around books," she smiled nervously. "You were supposed to remember the way!" she complained to 'Mary'.

"No, you were supposed to remember!" Rose talked back sounding like a brat, seemingly embarrassed and flustered. They both bickered amongst themselves whilst walking away, Jarvis walking swiftly to catch up to them.