23 | BACK INTO ACTION

Agent Carter 2X05

Agent Carter 2X05

July 1947
Howard Stark's Mansion, L.A.

In the past days, the group had discovered that the brain behind the zero matter issue was the actress Whitney Frost; Howard Stark had taken a trip to Perú in hopes of finding a scientist that could help with Dr Wilkes' condition; and a veteran of the War Department of the US government, who was also part of the council, had taken control on the SSR facilities and ordered that the case on Isodyne would no longer continue, meaning that whatever Peggy was doing to investigate the case would be done outside of the law.

Oh, and Miss Carter had also suffered attempts of assassination, one of them at Stark's residence, which, thankfully, was warned by Rosemary's intuitive ability. Therefore, Mr Jarvis by orders of Mr Stark had implanted a security measure that would make the entrance of introducers more difficult.

Rosemary had opened the door to the lab in the basement when said security measure activated.

"Warning," Jarvis' voice came through speakers. "You are not authorized to access this area."

"Uh...Mr Jarvis?" Rosemary wondered out loud as she stepped through to the room, not fazed when Peggy pointed a gun at her, quickly lowering it when she noticed who it was.

"Oh, Miss Thompson. I apologize, sometimes I forget to turn that device off."

"You know, if you don't want intruders in the house, you should probably think of something a little more intimidating," she mentioned, raising her voice when Jarvis left to shut down the security alarm.

"It's only a temporary measure. I've no desire to spend the rest of time as a disembodied voice," he told her when he returned.

"Well, hello. What is it that you are planning now?" she asked Peggy, who was with Dr Wilkes around a table in the lab.

"Jarvis and I snuck into the place where the corpse of Jane Scott is held to steal it, so Dr Wilkes could study it, but Whitney Frost showed up. Turns out she can not only absorb zero matter now but also wishes to build a bomb," she explained to Rose in fake amusement.

"She wants zero matter," Dr Wilkes explained after contemplating Frost's actions. "She's trying to replicate the original atomic test." Rosemary remembered the video Peggy had of a rift consuming everything around it, only leaving behind remains of zero matter.

"How do you mean?" asked Peggy.

"She's a scientist. And every scientist knows that in order to achieve the same results in an experiment, every variable must be identical. That means setting off an atomic bomb in the same location and opening that rift or whatever it was," he paused. "I can't emphasize this enough, we cannot let her do this."

"Then we'll just have to stop her."

"Which means stopping an atomic bomb," Jarvis said processing the magnitude of the task.