Knives (badboyhalo)

(disclaimer-I know nothing about throwing knives so I kept it as vague as possible pls don't attack me ;-;)

You walked eagerly into the throwing range, your box of new knives carefully tucked under your arm. Finally your dream of being a cool person who could throw knives was coming true. The receptionist smiled at you, creating an account for you on the system, and it took all of your willpower to not jump in glee when she let you in.

Surprisingly, there was only one other person in the range, but honestly, that was better for you. Less people to see the failures you were sure to make. But you were sure to pick this up quickly, right?

You groaned in frustration, sinking to the floor in defeat after having to run back and forth to collect your knives from the floor, none of them hitting the target. The youtube videos you had watched in anticipation had lied to you.

And to make matters worse, the other person in the range was way better than you, the thwack of their knife hitting their target taunting you. Maybe this hobby wasn't for you.

"U-um...are you ok?"

You jumped, turning your head to see the other person looking at you, frowning. He looked way too nice to be in a throwing range of all places, and you struggled to get your mouth to talk. "U-uh, yeah, I'm just not very good at this." You let out a defeated chuckle, fidgeting.

"I can help you? If you want, obviously, I don't want to just like disturb you-"

"You'll help me?" you asked, eyes wide. "Yes, yes please!"

He smiled at you, and you blushed involuntarily, embarrassed about your eagerness. Standing up quickly, you waited for him to start. However, he seemed to be waiting for you to start, and you both waited for a while. "Are you not gonna get in your stance...?"

You jumped, adjusting your posture into a throwing stance you had learned from youtube, and he frowned, shaking his head. "That's probably why...do you-do you mind if I stand a bit closer?"

You shook your head, expecting him to maybe correct your position a tiny bit, but instead he stood with his body flush behind yours, practically sharing body heat. He lowered your shoulder gently with his hands. "Loosen up a little," he whispered into your ear, and you shivered involuntarily before following his instructions. "Good." You gulped nervously, the knife threatening to fall out of your hand because of how much it was shaking. He noticed that, and held a hand over yours, rubbing it with his thumb.

This man was going to kill you, and you didn't even know his name.

He stepped back, and you barely had time to mourn the loss of his body against yours before he gave you a nod, signalling that you could go. Leaning back on your heels, you threw your knife, watching it carefully, expecting it to just hit the ground.

Instead, it hit the outer edge of the target, landing with an almighty whack. There was silence and then-

"WOOOO! Well done!" he cried out, picking you up and spinning you in a circle. You blinked in surprise. "Oh, sorry...I got excited."

Giggling, you grabbed one of his hands. "Thank you."

He nodded sheepishly, completely different to how he was when he was correcting you, and made a move to walk away. You grabbed his sleeve quickly. "Wait-what's your name?"

"Bad. I guess I'll see you around." He walked away to his box of knives, and you watched him exit the throwing range, heart pounding.

You'd definitely see him around.

(A/N-it was so surprising to learn bbh could throw knives ngl, but I guess that's where he gets the "badboy" in his name from)