Pinky promise (techno)

(requested by ItsScarlet_Fallen I hope you enjoy :))

Techno wasn't one to be clingy. He also wasn't one to beg for attention, but yet here he was, fingers tapping the table impatiently as he watched you work on your laptop. You just...hadn't been there recently. He would wake up, and the space next to him would be empty, or he would end his stream and rush to go chill with you, and the house would be silent.

He didn't like it. He also didn't like having to ask for you to focus on him, so he just stared and prayed you would get the message eventually.

You stood up, closing your laptop, and he perked up, eyes hopefully looking at you. He drooped back down when you shook your head sadly. "I've got to go into work to sort something out, I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Techno grumbled, having to look forward to a night without you again.

You reached forward, running your fingers through his hair, and he sighed contentedly, leaning into the touch. "It won't be long. I promise."

"Pinky promise?" Techno mumbled, feeling embarrassed as he asked it, holding back a smile when you nodded. He linked his pinky with yours, managing to even smile and wave when you walked out. You would be back soon, and he would have some time with you that wasn't just him staring at you. Humming some random song, he went to his computer. Streaming would help fill up the short time you would be gone, right?

He was wrong. He'd streamed for two hours and then sat on the sofa, watching the time tick by as he waited for you to come back. Scrolling through his phone hadn't even distracted him from watching the minutes slowly tick by. Rubbing his pinky, he looked back up at the clock. Nine pm. It had been 6 hours.

Frowning, he gulped as anger started to form in his mind. It was stupid, you had important work to do, and he wasn't the only person in your life, you were probably just having fun without him, you didn't need him, you didn't even believe in the pinky promise-

A key rattled in the doorway, and Techno immediately turned to it, mind racing. What could he even say to you?

Moving quickly, he practically ran to the bedroom, burying himself under the covers and forcing himself to breathe evenly, ignoring when you called out for him. When the door to the bedroom opened, he forced his eyes closed, not even wanting to see you-he knew it was stupid to be so angry over a pinky promise of all things, but he just wanted time with you, was that really too much to ask?

You ran your fingers through his hair again, and he jerked away without thinking, eyes snapping open. He briefly registered your shocked expression, before moving away to the other side of the bed.

"T-techno?"

"What?" he asked bluntly.

"What's wrong? I-I brought back doughnuts on my way back, do you want some?"

"No."

"Uh...but they're your favourite ones, I made sure!"

"No."

"You never say no to doughnuts, what happened?" you asked, tilting your head and looking innocently at him.

"Did you really just ask that?" he snapped back, rolling his eyes. "You broke the promise."

Something flashed in your eyes, and he scoffed, knowing it was probably "guilt" that you felt at forgetting something that probably meant nothing to you. You moved closer to him. "Techno, the reason why I took so long was because-"

"You forgot."

"No!" you sighed. "Because I was asking for some time off so we could spend more time together and I just needed to finish everything. I...I should've texted you, but I wanted to surprise you with the news."

Techno blinked. Well, this wasn't what he had expected. Shame started to settle in his head, and he gulped nervously, feeling even more stupid now. You tentatively moved closer, wrapping your arms around him and relaxing in his arms. "I'm sorry for not texting you. I didn't mean to break the promise."

Techno kept silent, pulling you closer, and you smiled, knowing that was his way of showing forgiveness.

"So...about the doughnuts?"

(A/N-i know people usually do the "streamer is so busy streaming they ignore y/n" thing, so i decided to switch it :) I hope you enjoyed reading and feel free to request!)