Unlocked (dream-part 2 to Trapped)

(disclaimer-this isn't really romantic but there is a happy ending! Thank you ItsScarlet_ching05 for the idea :))

You forced your eyes open, everything feeling heavy. The bed was so comfortable, you just wanted to fall asleep again and never wake up.

Wait...bed?

You sat up quickly, flinching when your arm was held back by another hand, forcibly pulling you back down. Dream smiled at you, his mask discarded onto the floor somewhere, his eye twitching. "That's not a nice way to say good morning." He pulled you towards him, arms wrapping around your body, and you gulped nervously. He was trapping you in.

Gritting your teeth, you clenched your fist. You weren't Wilbur Soot's daughter for nothing, after all. Bringing your elbow back, you connected with his stomach, loosening his grip, and you jumped out, almost falling due to the ridiculous amount of bedsheets. You assumed the door would probably be locked, so you bolted to the window, fiddling with the latch. Shaking it desperately, you registered footsteps coming towards you, slow and calculated. Still, you pulled on the window, hands trembling. A hand was placed on your shoulder, gripping tightly.

"That's still not how you say good morning."

"I don't want to say good morning!" you shouted back, throwing his hand off your shoulder, ignoring the sting that followed. Damn, was he really holding on that hard? "You-you fucked with my feelings, locked me in a prison and now I'm here and you want me to say good morning?"

Dream just watched you, arms folded. Calm and collected as always, even when you were yelling in his face. Sighing, he went to grab something from a drawer, metal clanking as he pulled it out. "I didn't really want to do this, but if you insist on being so angry-" You struggled against his hold, but he had you pinned easily and clicked handcuffs into place. "-then this is what I have to do."

"W-what?"

"You'll learn."

All you could do was watch hopelessly as he unlocked the door and quickly left, making sure to lock it behind him. Were you really trapped in here with him?

If only you hadn't talked to him. If only you had just believed the rumours about him and steered clear of the troublemaker of the SMP. If only you hadn't been stupid enough to think all he needed was a friend. If only you hadn't told him where your family and friends were hiding.

Well at least no one would miss you.

Tears started to well up in your eyes, and you wiped them away angrily as best as you could with your wrists handcuffed. Everything just seemed so hopeless.

Knowing Dream, he was probably smart enough to have everything escape-proof, but you tried anyway, searching every corner of the room for anything-even a tiny hole in the wall could be enough. The only available option was the window, which required your hands to be separated. He really did know what he was doing.

Sniffling, you wrapped blankets around yourself, stuff you took for granted now only images in your mind. This was worse than the prison. Clasping your hands together, you prayed to the Church Prime, hoping that the Gods could forgive you enough to get you out of this hell.

It was day 10 when it happened. You were stumbling your way through a book that Dream wanted you to read because he "wanted a bedtime story". Except the book was 10,000 pages, with tiny letters and long words that you didn't even know. You carried on reading though, as it was more interesting than staring at the ceiling while he snored next to you, handcuffs pressing uncomfortably against your skin.

"No, the word is pulchritudinous." He pointed the word on the page, smiling at your failed attempt at saying it. You ignored him, shifting slightly away and trying to carry on, every single word flying over your head. He laughed, moving closer to you and grabbing your arm, opening his mouth to say something snarky.

The whole building suddenly seemed to shake, books falling off the bookshelf and crashing down onto the floor. A loud noise echoed from the other side of the house, and Dream frowned, sitting up. "Stay here," he said, as if you had the option of leaving. "Actually...I'll get a servant to watch you. Can't have you getting hurt." He kissed your cheek and walked out, and you rubbed where he had kissed you aggressively. Gross. The door opened, and someone was ushered in, their coat tails flapping behind them. You didn't look up, knowing it was a servant who would just watch you like a surveillance camera.

"Y/N?" they asked nervously, and your head shot up. No...it couldn't be...

Fundy stared back at you, eyes concerned.

"B-but-how-"

"Shhhh. I disguised myself, dad's distracting them with TNT, we gotta go now."

His hand grabbed yours and he pulled you up, frowning at the handcuffs. "That bitch. Dad is gonna kill him when he sees what Dream's done to you."

"I thought you hated me."

Fundy started to open the window, easily managing to roll it up. "We were angry, but when we heard what Dream had done-well, you're still my sister, you know?" Another boom rang out, this time closer to where you were. "You fine with jumping?"

You nodded, swinging your legs over the windowsill and staring down at the ground. There was a small pond underneath the window, flowers and lily-pads surrounding it. If you weren't in a life-threatening situation, you probably would've admired the prettiness of it.

"Jump!" Fundy cried out, and you did, choking on ice-cold water as you landed. Fundy was faster to jump out, his arms already pulling you out of the pond within seconds. Water clung to your clothes, making them stick uncomfortable to your skin, but you ignored it, letting Fundy pull you away into the forest.

Branches scratched your skin as you ran, almost trying to pull you back. Still, you kept running, your bare feet probably already bleeding from the rocks on the ground. Finally, Fundy stopped running, leading you into a small cabin, the lanterns casting an orange glow to the area.

The door flung open, and your dad jumped out, covered in bandages and plasters. He flung his arms around you, not caring that you were still dripping, and sobbed into your shoulder. You held back a sob yourself, seeing more people come out of the door and watch. Phil smiled at you.

You were home.

(A/N-thank you for reading! Also pls feel free to request I love writing these <3)