Our scarf (niki)

Requested by Caterz101 pls enjoy!! and yes this is a winter fic written in spring :)

Fingers numb, you struggled to type on your phone, trying to find out where the hell your bus was. It was meant to arrive thirty minutes ago, and if it had you wouldn't be stuck in the freezing cold.

But no, of course, it had to be today that everything was delayed.

Sighing, you skimmed through the news article saying that the snow was delaying practically everything and resisted to urge to just scream out of frustration. You wanted to be home, where you could curl up on an armchair and drink hot chocolate, watching stupid videos on youtube.

You shivered, ramming your hands into your pocket in an attempt to thaw them, cursing yourself mentally for leaving your scarf and gloves at home, even after reading the weather forecast.

Well, to be fair, you weren't expecting the bus to be late.

Someone walked slowly towards the bus stop, their steps careful to avoid slipping, before they stood next to you, leaning on the stupid half-seats the stop had. You glanced over, curious, before seeing her staring at you.

Both of your eyes widened, before turning away from each other rapidly, blushing. You chanced another look, seeing that the tips of her ears were pink and that she was dressed a lot more appropriately for this weather than you were. Smiling, you also noted the fact that she was very pretty, eyes transfixed on the snow that was falling in front of her.

"Is the bus late?" she asked, turning to look at you while a gloved hand reached out to touch a snowflake.

"U-uh-" you composed yourself, laughing awkwardly. "-yeah, I've been waiting for like half an hour now."

Her eyes widened, looking over your attire. "Oh my god."

Your thin coat started to feel like it was made of paper as she kept looking, especially compared to hers.

"I'm Niki, by the way." She held out her hand.

You internally screamed, but took your hand out of your pocket, the fingers still stiff and numb. "I'm Y/N."

She didn't let go after you two shook hands, instead holding on with both hands, rubbing gently. "Is this making it better?"

It wasn't really, but she was trying her best, so you nodded, letting her try and fix your frozen hands. You were honestly pretty sure they would stay in the shape they were stuck in. Hey, at least a pretty girl held them, right?

Niki suddenly stopped moving, brows furrowed like she was thinking hard about something, before she slowly moved closer to you, releasing your hand to adjust her scarf. Loosening it, she looped some of the scarf around you, so that you were sharing the scarf. "See, that should be better, right?" she said brightly, reaching out and grabbing your hand again.

Nodding sheepishly, you tried to ignore the blush covering your face, instead burrowing into the scarf. She giggled, a single snowflake coming to rest on her nose.

Your heart pounded, so loud that you were scared she could hear it, and you bit your lip anxiously, now hoping the bus wouldn't come.

However, it seemed that God had other plans for you, and the bus skidded in front of you, tires squealing as it stopped, the doors opening. Sighing, you moved to remove the scarf, but a hand stopped you, Niki instead removing her half and giving it to you, wrapping it gently around your neck. "You need it more than me."

"B-but-"

"You'll miss the bus if you don't go! And this isn't my bus anyways."

She pushed you towards the doors, and you entered it, turning back as the door closed behind you, giving a small wave. As it started to move away, she pointed at the scarf, before winking and leaning back onto the half-seats.

Sitting down, you unravelled the scarf, frowning when a piece of paper slipped out.

Hi!

So I saw you at the bus stop while I was walking home, and I thought you were cute so...if you're reading this it means I managed to talk to you!

You can keep the scarf :) and call me?

xxxx-xxxxx-xxxx

Love, Niki

(A/N-i love writing about niki and also

(A/N-i love writing about niki and also...are you guys ready for cottagecore eret? cause that's coming next :))