Birthday prank (karl)

Requested by ItsScarlet_Fallen I hope this is good :) I tried my best (also ik it's not Karl's birthday lmao I just couldn't think of anything else)

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" you asked, hanging up a banner, frowning.

Mr Beast gave you a reassuring smile, nodding eagerly as he tried to arrange the present in an "aesthetic" way. Sighing, you jumped down from the step ladder and took over for him. As you did so, he held his hand out expectantly, and you handed over your phone reluctantly. "Do I really have to ignore him?"

"Obviously."

Staring down at your present, which had a special note sellotaped to it, you just hoped that would be enough to make Karl forgive you.

You curled up under a blanket, opening up a book at a random page and pretending to read, knowing that Karl would be home soon. As if God was listening to your thoughts, the key rattled in the doorway, Karl calling out an "I'm home!" You held back your usual answer, staring at the page without any words going in.

Karl popped his head around the corner of the doorway, frowning. "Hello?"

You looked up and then immediately looked back down again, flicking the page over. You already felt bad for him. It would be worth it in the end. It would be worth it in the end. It would be-

"Y/N...?" he moved closer towards you, crouching down next to you on the floor so he could be at eye level with you. Again, you looked up, and then down again, trying to keep your face as impassive as possible. He poked your face, pouting. "Y/N. Hellooooooooo?" he whined, still poking your face. You held back a smile, blinking blankly at him.

He pouted even more. "You didn't answer my texts today...and you didn't say happy birthday..." Sitting down, he rested his head on your shoulder, sighing. "Come onnnnnn say something, please?"

You heard a firework go off outside, knowing it was your signal, so you wriggled out of his arms and jumped up, gesturing for him to follow you. You hoped the camera in the corner of the room had recorded all that, because if all that ignoring was for nothing you would cry.

Before he could reach for your hand, you ran out of your apartment, practically flying down the stairs, Karl's footsteps quickly following yours. "Y/N! What the hell is-is this for?" he called out, but you carried on running to the back of the building, seeing the whole crew waiting for you. Coming to a stop, you waited for him to join you, turning around to see his expression.

It didn't disappoint.

Slight annoyance morphed into shock and then into pure happiness. He looked at you, and then the setup, and then you again, before practically running into your arms. "You did this for me?"

"Hey, we're here too!" Mr Beast shouted.

Karl looked around, eyes flicking to the camera and a realisation dawning on him. "This was for youtube?"

"It was his idea!" you blurted out, pointing towards Mr Beast. "Anyway, take this!" you grabbed your present from the top of the pile and throwing it towards him.

Grinning, he took it, opening up your note to him. He read it through silently, finger going across the lines. You anxiously waited for his reaction, heart thumping loudly. Your eyes widened when he sniffed, a single tear rolling down his cheek as he folded the paper up and slipped it into his pocket. "That was...that was nice."

This time, it was your turn to run into his arms, rubbing his back while he sniffed and hiccupped.

"Happy birthday Karl."

(A/N- i actually don't know if i did good on this one so I hope you enjoy anyway :) thank you for always reading and voting i appreciate!)