•°⁴⁴°•Consequences

there's a q and a thingy at the end of the chapter! make sure you leave some questions! thanks :)

•°⁴⁴°•Consequences─✵───────

"What do you mean the kid is yours?"

Taehyung's voice was loud inside Jeongguk's office. The younger boy looked at him with a horrified expression. Jeongguk looked at him, brows furrowed with worry. He didn't know what to say.

"How is it possible? You said you used protection!" Taehyung said, throwing his arms around.

"I was thinking the same thing, Tae" Jeongguk let out a distressed sigh. "It could've broken, though. When it cracks a little, you don't even feel it most of the time. It had happened before. The only difference was she didn't get pregnant back then. And I was in a hurry to get it over with. I didn't realize at all"

"I can't believe this" Taehyung exclaimed. "Everything was going so smooth and we were doing so well and this just fell over us. Is the universe against us this much?"

"Taehyung...this doesn't change anything" Jeongguk said in a small voice.

"That's a fucking lie and you know it" Taehyung said, looking at Jeongguk with an angered expression. "This changes everything!"

"Tae" Jeongguk pleaded as he walked towards the younger boy, taking his arms in Jeongguk's. "Trust me, please"

"I've seen this movie before" Taehyung said. "I can watch you walk back to your family because they're your family. Your responsibility. And I'm just a fling"

"Taehyung, no" Jeongguk pleaded. "Please. Please believe me. I'm not going to go back. Taehyung, I love you and I'm serious in this relationship. This isn't just a fling for me...please"

"I don't know, Jeongguk. We're talking about your kid, right now. Are you really ready to let that kid go?"

Jeongguk stayed silent at that. "I don't have to let the kid go, Tae. I can still divorce Jieun. I don't have to stay with her to raise the child. I can do split parenting-"

"So you want the child"

"What?"

"You want the child. You want to be their father. You want to raise them up"

"Taehyung I don't have a choice..."

"Yes you do!" Taehyung jerked his hands away from Jeongguk's. "You always have a choice. You just don't want to see it"

"Tae..."

"You can cut all ties with them, including your children, and go start a new life after divorce but no. You are choosing to stay. Jeongguk, you are choosing to stay"

"No I'm not" Jeongguk felt tears spring into his eyes. "I love you"

"I know that. But we're just going back and forth, Jeongguk. This is so repetitive. Like some broken record, the same thing keeps playing over and over again. You choosing your family over me and then coming crying back to me when something goes wrong. I can't do that anymore"