Epilogue

Imma cri

New York City burst with life that Monday morning

New York City burst with life that Monday morning. People flowed like rivers through the pavements dressed in sleek suits and outfits, rushing on and about to their destinations in a hurry. The blaring horns of vehicles and the chatter and shouts of the busybodies felt like a symphony of the city against Taehyung's ears as he stood in front of the entrance of a huge building.

Dressed in his plaid pants, white shirt that was a little loose and comfortable and a long coat, holding a briefcase, Taehyung stared in awe at the building that loomed over him. He had gotten here fifteen minutes earlier than he was expected to. He needed to leave a good impression on his co-workers since it was his first day at work.

Taehyung took a deep breath, the smell of smoke and hotdogs from the truck that was a few feet away filling his lungs. And his black hair swayed in the smoky wind. He was used to this atmosphere. He had lived in one of the busiest parts of New York for four years. All of the ruckus of the morning in the streets, that used to be so foreign to him around the time he had moved in, was now all too familiar to him. A day hadn't gone by without him listening to the symphony of city life. It now felt like home to him.

Taehyung checked his watch. There were only ten minutes left until the time he was supposed to report for work. Taehyung didn't know why he felt so nervous; it was a new beginning to him. Maybe because this was the first real, full-time job he was about to start. Maybe because the post he had been selected for seemed a little too high for a rookie in the field like himself. But Taehyung felt lucky to be selected as a trainee at one of the biggest entertainment companies in New York; Hybe.

With another deep breath to calm his nerves, he walked inside the building. The moment the guard let him in after checking his ID, a cold gush of air welcomed him. He looked around to see a lobby with a couple dozen people, walking around, probably heading to their own work places of the entertainment company.

After the receptionist gave him instructions of how to get to his department, he took the elevator. The moment he stepped out, he was welcomed by a girl who seemed around his age. She was dressed in work clothes, black hair tied up in a bun and her dark skin seemed to glow under the lights of the office.

"Hello! Good morning! Mr. Kim?" She chirped the moment Taehyung stepped out.

"Yeah. Good morning!" Taehyung said. "I'm Taehyung"

"I'm Amber. I'll be your trainer for your first six months. You will be working with me" he said, smiling at him.

"Oh nice to meet you" Taehyung grinned at her.

"Pleasure" She said with a smile. "You're a little early. I'm glad for that. Today is going to be a busy day and we can start work right away. I heard you graduated from New York Art Academy"

"Oh yeah"

"That's amazing. Maybe that's why you were chosen out of all other candidates. I'm sure you'll be a good asset to the company. The training period is going to be a little rough but everyone here had survived. I'm sure you will too. Art Academy students always do. Come on now. Follow me"