•°³⁶°• Moving On

Hello I'm still alive :))
Here's a long ass chapter as an apology uwu

•°³⁶°•Moving On✵─────────

Jeongguk's mind buzzed as he ran through the hallways of the hospital, head turning side to side in confusion trying to find the emergency room

Jeongguk's mind buzzed as he ran through the hallways of the hospital, head turning side to side in confusion trying to find the emergency room. The hospital was fairly void of people, it being almost ten in the night. His heart hammered in his chest, fear clouding his mind and he was at the brink of tearing up.

It had taken him about twenty minutes to drive to the hospital. After he heard the news, he had been dumbfounded. He was confused but then he was panicking, never having been in this kind of situation. He had thrown on a pair of jeans and quickly driven to the nearest hospital, where Aria was hospitalized, at full speed.

As he ran through the almost empty hallways, panic fuelling his every step and every pump of his heart, he realized one thing.

Jeongguk was scared.

He was scared for what will happen. He had no clue what was happening and everything seemed to be crashing down on him all at once. He was vulnerable, standing in front of a conflict that he had no means of getting out of. And he was angry that he was the one who caused it. He caused the biggest fucked up situation he could ever have caused and it was not only sucking out his own and Jieun's happiness, but also his daughter's and his one true love's.

His daughter's life was at stake all because of him. All because he couldn't fucking control himself.

Jeongguk halted at the sign that read Emergency Room and looked around. He saw Jieun sitting in front of the room, her head in her hands. Jeongguk took a deep breath and started walking towards her.

Jieun looked up as Jeongguk approached her.

"Oh Jeongguk!" Jieun said, standing up. Her hair was a mess and tears stained both cheeks. She was usually a neat and tidy person. But now, she looked absolutely wrecked.

Jeongguk wrapped his arms around her, letting her weep into his shoulder.

"Jieun" Jeongguk whispered. He could feel the sob threatening to escape his own throat. "How...where is she?"

"She's still in there. They had brought her here like ten minutes ago and..." Jieun let out another painful sob. "They're still treating her"

"Wh..what did the doctors say?"

"I just got here, Gguk" Jieun said, sniffling. "They didn't say anything yet"

"Oh" Jeongguk held Jieun like that for a while, one hand securely wrapped around her waist and the other stroking her hair. There were no thoughts crossing his mind as he hugged his wife. Instead, he was shaking with fear. He wanted to shout and scream and sob but no. He felt numb...as if it's all a nightmare.

"Our baby..." Jieun sobbed. "She'll be alright, wouldn't she?"

Jeongguk shook his head. "Yes" He let out, but barely. A tear trailed down his cheek and then another. Then another, until he was a crying mess himself.