•°³⁰°• For You

•°³⁰°•For You ─✵────────

Taehyung heard the doorbell ring inside the house the moment he pressed it

Taehyung heard the doorbell ring inside the house the moment he pressed it. Standing in front of the front door of the Jeon household, dressed in Jimin's sweater and pants that were a bit too tight, he felt like he didn't belong there, despite having sat and spent time on the very stairs leading to the front door of Jeongguk's house.

He could hear footsteps approaching him, loud against the wooden floor inside. His heart raced in his chest and he hoped that it wasn't Jeongguk who's going to open the door.

It wasn't.

"Taehyung!" Jieun almost shouted. "Where were you last night?! I was worried!" she took his hand and literally dragged him inside the house.

"I...um...kind of stayed at my friend's last night. I'm sorry for not informing you about it" Taehyung said in a small voice.

"Jeongguk was worried too. You didn't even pick up your phone!"

"I might not have heard it, Mrs. Jeon. We were out. I'm sorry" It was a lie. The only thing Taehyung did after going to Jimin's was cry and sleep. That night, he realized pizza, ice cream and booze wasn't a good combination at all.

"As long as you're okay" She smiled. "Did you have breakfast?"

"Yes ma'am" Taehyung said. "I'm going to stay at my friend's for a few days, actually"

"Oh" Jieun said. "Is everything alright? Did something happen? You know you can stay here as long as you want..."

"Yes I know" Taehyung smiled at her. "But I've stayed here for almost three months and I think I can find an affordable place because I got some money from my part-time job"

"You can just stay here, Taehyung. None of us would mind. You're a lovely boy"

Taehyung smiled softly. "Thank you, ma'am. But-"

"Taehyung!?" A voice said, making both Taehyung and Jieun look to their side. Jeongguk stood on the staircase, eyes wide with concern. He wore a tank top and sweats and his hair was unruly as if he had just woken up.

He looked so worried that Taehyung's heart skipped a beat. His heart rate only sped up when he advanced towards Taehyung.

"Where the fuck were you last night?" Jeongguk bellowed, pulling Taehyung towards himself from his arm. Taehyung stumbled forward. Jeongguk was watching him with so much intensity that Taehyung wanted to melt.

"Jeongguk! Don't shout at the boy! He's a collage kid. He was probably out partying!" Jieun said.

"He should've told me" Jeongguk said.

"Jeongguk, you're not his dad. He's past the age where elders should tell him what and what not to do. Let him be" Jieun said.

Jeongguk looked at Jieun. "Weren't you in a hurry to go to your office?" there was a hint of anger in his voice.