•°²⁰°• Past Lovers

•°²⁰°• Past Lovers─✵─────────

A week later Taehyung found himself running errands to Mrs

A week later Taehyung found himself running errands to Mrs. Jeon.

He wasn't complaining. No, not at all. It's okay, not like he had a portfolio to hand in before two week's time and he isn't halfway through completing it.

He didn't have work at the pizzeria near campus he had started working at just last week. He only had work every weekday, after his lectures were over.

He said he didn't have any urgent business to attend to when Jieun asked him if he could run to the grocery store just down the road.

With Aria.

Jeongguk had left early that Saturday morning for some work. And he wouldn't be home till late that evening, it seems. He and Taehyung hadn't had any kind of action since the previous Saturday. Well, they did exchange occasion takeout sessions here and there. But Taehyung wasn't really complaining. He has a lot of assignments to complete and Jeongguk too was busy all the time. It was much understandable that he didn't have any time to do anything with Taehyung. He came home late every day from college looking exhausted. Being the newly appointed deputy head of the Art department of their campus must keep hom busier than usual. Besides, their exams were coming up.

Jieun too was busy with one of her cases. So she told Aria to run to the store to grab some groceries. But since Taehyung was there, she didn't have to go alone, right?

The only problem, or uncomfortable situation that Taehyung would be facing was being alone with Aria. But he decided that he'll survive.

"Buy anything you need, Taehyung. Aria has the money." Jieun had said right before sending them off.

Hence he found himself walking side by side the girl he used to date, an awkward silence stretching between them.

"How are you doing?" The older tried to break the awkwardness.

"Not like you care" Aria shot back.

"I'm sorry"

"Are you?" Aria glanced sideways at Taehyung.

Taehyung kept silent. Because he wasn't. He wasn't sorry that he hooked up with Jeongguk, her own father.

Aria laughed humourlessly "That's what I thought"

Another silence stretched between them. This time, Taehyung didn't try to ease it.

"You're a dick" Aria said after a while. They had almost reached the store. It was only a few blocks away.

"I know"

"I hate you. I thought we had something real. You said you liked me" Aria said brokenly. "And you were the first person I ever wanted to date"

"I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. I really am. This wasn't going to work out anyway and you have your whole life in front of you. Being hooked on me isn't going to do any good to you. You will find someone much better than me. Someone who isn't a cheating bastard"