10

I couldn't believe it.

He's gone.

but hopefully things work out soon.

me and Mattia were sadly on a break. We decided it would be best for us since our relationship consisted of arguing and fighting and overall toxic. We knew that we weren't good for each other and that we should break up for good but neither of us wanted that. 

The nights that I would lay alone in bed silently crying because all I ever wanted was a healthy relationship with the person I love. While he was out partying living his best life with out a care for my feelings.

I knew that in his own way he somewhat loved me but sometimes it was hard for him to show it. I constantly compared me and Mattia's relationship with the ones on tv. Hoping that one day that could be me.

The nights I would lay down in our used to be shared bed  wondering if he would ever come back. If he had moved on in those 2 months and found someone new. Someone who he could treat and love better than me.

I sat staring out of my window looking down at the rain that was falling out into the streets. Until I hear a knock at my apartment door. 

I wipe the tears that I didn't even realize I had until I was brought back to reality off of my face. I slowly walk to the door looking out the peep whole. To my surprise I see Mattia. I immediately open the door.

"what are you doing here-"

"I cant" he cuts me off. I take the time to take a look at his eyes. They were red as if he was crying.

"what are you talking about" I say looking at him

"I can't do it , the break Maddy I cant" He says

"Mattia we both agreed that-"

"Maddy please , We can make this work just please listen to me" He says between voice cracks grabbing my hands.

"Mattia I- Just come inside" I say as he steps in the apartment. As much as I wanted to jump into him arms and take him back I knew deep down inside it wouldn't end out well for the both of us. In the end we would just both get hurt.

I walk towards the bedroom as Mattia follows.

"you can go get into the shower if you'd like , Here are some dry clothes" I say handing him a hoodie and sweatpants that he left here. He was all wet from the rain

Mattia takes the clothes and enters the bathroom before The shower water turns on.

I lay in bed and turn on Netflix. I couldn't even comprehend what was happening right now. I wanted him back so bad but I wasn't ready for the outcome. 

About 15 minutes go by until the shower water cuts off.

Mattia walks out of the bathroom and into my bedroom.

"You can sleep here for the night , I'll just sleep on the couch-"

"No , stay here I want you here with me" He says

"Mattia I cant we both know that we cant be together again. Well both just get hurt and you know this " I say with tears forming in my eyes.

"Maddy come here" He says reaching his arms out. I slowly crawl into his arms resting my head on his chest where I let it all out. I knew I wasn't supposed to do this but I just really needed someone at the moment and so I took the opportunity.

"where not good for each other" I sob.

"I know" He simply says

"Well just both get hurt" I say again

"I know" He says

"Maddy look at me" He says. I slowly lift my head up and look him in the eyes.

"I promise we can work this out you just have to give me time and a chance, I promise I never hurt you again. I promise" He says wiping my tears

"Ok" I say. Please don't regret this.

6 months later

To my surprise Mattia kept his promise. Were in a happy relationship at the moment and it was the best thing to ever happen to me. We do occasionally argue but not as constant as we used to and not as bad. Were overall in a good place right now and I loved it.

A/N this is short ugh but whatever ( I always say that)