24

we walked for a little bit through the cold hallways passing up interesting pieces or art on the walls. One that caught my eye was what looked to be a girl and a boy looking each other directly in the eyes inches away from each other while chaos was going on the the background. I decided to keep quite and not ask questions and instead just keep following Mattia to wherever we were walking. We then entered a beautiful kitchen with marble counters and dark cabinets with marble handles.

"sit" he told me while walking towards the refrigerator.

I sat at the nearest seat and instantly felt the cold leather travel through my body. I see him looking until he pulls out some pasta in a clear container that looked to be delicious. He plated the pasta and warmed it up in the microwave. While he warmed it he then began to make the drink. He grabbed a clear glass cup and put ice into it while also grabbing a carton that looked to be some sort of fruit juice and poured it into the class. He set the glass right in front me while also grabbing the food out of the microwave. He set the food I front of me just waiting for me to use my already given fork and take a bite.

But no. I just stared at the food for a few seconds before looking back up at Mattia who was already staring at me. I grabbed the fork and slowly picked up a few pieces of the rigatoni pasta that was smothered with some light red sauce and cheese. I put the piece of pasta into my mouth as the flavor instantly hit my tastebuds. Forgetting about the situation I was in I took another bite then another then another. Soon I realized what I was doing and stopped. I had about 3 bites left and scooted my plate away from me. I looked up only too see that Mattia had been watching me the entire time. He grabbed my fork and picked up a few pieces of pasta and made its way towards my mouth.

"No Mattia I'm-"

"No your not eat it" he said as I opened my mouth and the food entered. But this time I didn't feel the great flavor hitting my taste buds. I only tasted a gross metallic flavor in my mouth which happened when my brain got smarter and started creating illusions to keep me from eating too much.

I slowly chewed the food before Mattia came with another bite. I just shook my head No as he said "you can do it , last one" I ate the last bite and quickly.

"good job" he said as he picked up the plate and threw away the remaining food then putting the plate in the sink. I felt sick too my stomach but I couldn't show too much of it because I didn't need Mattias concern that would only change In the matter of seconds.

He only grabbed my hand and lead me up to the grand staircase in the middle of the house. We both walked up Mattias hand not escaping from mine. We then made it too the second floor and then walked down a well lit hallway then making it too a door before Mattia opened it revealing a nicely plain room.

"You can stay here for the night" he said as I walked towards the bed then sitting down.

"There's clothes in the draw right there and a shower in that door , goodnight principessa" he said and right when we was about to walk out the door i spoke up.

"Wait!" I said only for him to turn around and just hum in response to me.

"what is this , why am I here" I said with my voice cracking.

He came and walked towards me before putting his warm hand onto my cheeks and stroking his thumb against it slowly.

"bambina , when I first met you I could instantly read you like a book. What you liked and what you didn't like. I also didn't mention that I'm in a Cosa Nostra." He said as my eyebrows furrowed. "A Mafia baby" he chuckled lightly. "I noticed when you began getting unhappy in our relationship and I knew you were planning on breaking up with me , hints too why I already starting planning on taking you here. Everything was planned. I didn't even care for this house and instead wanted too have one built for us and us only but plans changed." He said as I sat there in disbelief.

"Does that answer you question my love?" He said giving me a look that I would never forget. I couldn't even respond I was still sitting there in shock. He leaned up and kissing my forehead before getting up and walking out the room , turning the lights off behind him.

Leaving me sitting in the dark.