Part 6

It wasn't until about 5:30 in the afternoon, when Stefania went up to check on her daughter. She wanted to give her all the space she need but she also want to make sure she was alive. Alive Stefania really? Said the little voice in her head

"Bambina?" She knocked. "Bambina can I come in?" Still no response so she slowly entered her daughters room to find her passed out on the floor. It looked like she had been coloring or writing in her little notebook. Stefania slowly grabbed the 6 year old, took off her shoes, and placed her in the bed. The mom placed a little kiss on the top of her head before leaving the room and shutting the door.

The 6 year old slowly made her way downstairs rubbing her eyes, and trying not to run into the walls. "What time is it?" She asked when she made her way into the kitchen to find her mom sitting there. "7:34 amore mio."
"Was I really sleep for that long?" She asked.
"Yea. I had made you a snack for you to eat when you came downstairs but you never did. If you want you can eat it now or save it for your lunch."
"I'll save it for lunch."

There was a comfortable silence between the two as they sat there. Alessandra looking around and Stefania scrolling on her phone waiting for dinner to be finished.
"Can I tell you why I was sad at school today?"
"Si bambina." Stefania responded and placed her phone on the counter.

"So you know how there was an accident at school today?" Stefania nodded. "Well my friend Taylor was the one who got hurt. Me and her were playing tag again and she tripped and ran into the fence. She hit her head pretty hard. I yelled her name but she didn't answer. So I went to check if she was ok. When I went over there she was laying on the ground. There was blood coming from her arm and chest. I tried...I tried to put pressure on the cut. Like in that doctor show we watch all the time?"
"Greys anatomy...yea."
"Well I tried to do that and all the teachers came running over there. Then there was an ambulance and these doctors came running up to us. I think they fixed her cut but she was bleeding really bad. I...I didn't want her to die mom and I didn't know what to do, So I just placed my hand on the cut. Ms. John cancelled the rest of recess and we went inside. Well first I had to wash my hands. School was almost over when they told us to eat we're having an assembly. As we were lining up a lot of kids kept saying how they think it was because Taylor died and I killed her so I yelled at them. It was an accident though. Ms.John told everyone else except me to go with the other 2nd grade class and I stayed behind. I just cried. Couldn't stop. And then just like that school was over. Know one could go outside so they went to the gym and I didn't want to go."

Andi explained and by this time she was completely sobbing. Stefania gave moved her into her lap and just cradled her daughter. There were a few tears coming out of her eyes but she didn't want her to see so she just wiped them and continued to cradle her.

"What if I killed her mom?" Alessandra said out of the blue.
"You didn't bambina. Don't think like that. Taylor is fine and she will be ok. Ok?" She nodded. A couple minutes later the timer for dinner went off and Stefania was getting a phone call at the same time.
She pulled the lasagna out of the oven and then grabbed her phone.
"Hello."
"Hi. Is this Alessandra's mom?"
"Yes it is."
"This is Taylor's mom. Ms. Smith. I'm pretty sure the school called you earlier to let you know what happened and if not then I'm pretty sure Andi did. Well I just wanted to let you know Taylor is ok. The cut wasn't as deep as we thought and she'll be back at school Thursday."
Stefania grew a smile on her face.
"Taylor really wants to talk to Andi is that ok?"
"Si!!"
She took the phone down from her ear and put it on mute for a quick second.
"It's for you."
Andi was a little nervous about the phone call but eventually she grabbed it, took it off mute, and put it up to her ear.
"He..Hello?" Andi said still trying to stop  her self from crying. "Taylor your ok!" She screamed to the top of her lungs. Stefania watched and smiled as she watched her daughter start to feel happy again.

Once they finished dinner they were sitting on the couch watching a little tv. "Can I shower in the morning mom?" Andi asked her. Stefania nodded and without moving her eyes from the screen she said "we have to wake up a little earlier though."
Andi nodded and snuggled into her mom.

It was now the next morning and they actually woke up around 7 which is pretty early for those two. They usually wake up around 7:15 or something close to that. The both of them fell asleep on the couch while watching a movie. That was very much needed for mentally both Andi and Stef. "I'm done." Andi said, marching her way downstairs.
"Breakfast request?"
"Umm...waffles!"
"Three waffles coming up!!"

As the both of them sat there eating their food and taking to each other it was almost time for them to go. "Mom we're gonna be late again!" Stef laughed at her daughter and said "your not going to school today. You need a break. To relax and clear your mind."
"So what are we gonna do?"
"I was hoping taking you and Jeff on a hike today. But if you don't want to do that then we can do something else."

"I'll love to go hiking with you mom!"

A/N: Happy Valentines Day!! I just wanted to tell everyone one of you that you are loved and your amazing and don't let anyone tell you differently. I really hope your enjoying the story so far and let me know in the comments what you think of the story so far!! Can wait for you guys to read the next part!! Ciao!!

Also hopefully Stefania is having a good day today with her little pink friend-🤭