Part 12

It was now Monday. The mother daughter woke up from their slumber. Did their morning routine and was out the door with 20 minutes to spare. This was the earliest they had ever left the house on a school day. Usually they would leave around 8:10 or so considering that school started at 8:20 but today they left around 7:45 so why not stop and get doughnuts or breakfast.

When they entered the doughnut shop, the smell of fresh hot dough was in the air. You could smell the sweet glaze that they spread on top. "What donut do you want bambina?" Stefania asked the little girl who was looking through the glass window at all the goodies. "Can I have this red one?" She pointed at the chocolate donut that was converted in strawberry icing with fresh strawberries on top.

"Stefania?" Said a mysterious voice said as they entered the doughnut shop. Stefani quickly turned around to see a blonde lady standing there, but the blonde lady your thinking about. "Jessica?" She said in return after grabbing the small box of doughnuts, handing them to her daughter, and then grabbing the two bottles of apple juice. "Mamma who is that?" Andi whispered, hiding behind her moms legs. "She's an old friend of mine bellina." 

"Its been forever since we've seen each other. How has life been?" Jessica asked walking up too her. Making the little 6-year-old even more nervous now. "Life's been good. How about you?" she said trying not to make eye contact. "Great actually. Me, Sarah, and Camilla are still good friends. We've been thinking about you and how your life must have been after you shut us out." She said emphasizing those last 3 words.  

"Ok look I really have to go now. You still have my number I hope. It's the same as before. You can text me." She said making her way out of the donut shop with her daughter glued to her leg. Jessica rolled her eyes and went back to what she was doing. "That lady was scary." Alessandra said buckling into her seat. Stefania sighed. 'Why today? Just Why?' she thought. 

"Have a good day. Can I help who's next!" She shouted out to the people at the bank. "I need to make a wit- Stefania?!" said the second familiar voice of the day. She looked up and just her luck it was Camilla. Another old friend of hers. "Hi Camilla." She said with a little deepness in her voice. She sighed once again. "Long time no see!! How have you been?" she said cheerfully. Stef nodded and smiled. "Good. What about you?" 
"Good. Have two little rascals at home pretty much all day so it's a bit stressful but it's been good." 
"I know how you feel. I have-" she stopped her words before finishing her statement. She realized she never told her friends why she stopped talking to them. 
"Umm...you were saying something?" 
"It's nothing."  She shuck her head and continued with the transition. 

'Why today? Out of all the days my old friends could have popped up in my life they choose today?' She thought as she was currently on her way home for a quick lunch break. When she got home she relaxed for a bit before making her some lunch. Well not make, but reheat some leftovers for lunch. As she was eating she received a random text from an old number on her phone. 

J.Cap: Soo last time we saw you was when we went clubbing and now you have a daughter. Care to explain?

When she looked at the phone and saw the text message she did not have the time to deal with this today. So she simply ignored it and continued on with her food. But before she could start back eating, the same person texted again. 

J.Cap: Hello? Stefania answer me!!
J.Cap: Stefania!!
J.Cap: I know your reading these. I still know where you live. I will show up. 
J.Cap: Fine wanna play that game I'll be over there in 2 minutes!!

First of all gave her permission to show up at her house unannounced, and second of all why is she mad? By this time Stefania's eyes were completely full of tears and she didn't even want to finish her lunch. It amazing how quickly one simple interaction can change someone's whole day. Boy, Jessica was not kidding. It was about 2 minutes after receiving that last text from her when she rang the doorbell. She slowly walked over and looked out the peep hole. She opened the door against her will just so that they didn't cause a disruption to their neighbors. Jessica stormed in completely pushing Stefania into the wall. 

"Jessica nice to see you too!" She said in the most fakest tone ever. 

"Explain now!" She yelled back. Stefania looked at her with that resting bitch face. 'Do I have to explain to you after you stormed into my house?' She thought, while closing the door. She turned back around to see the blonde crossing her arms over her chest. 

"What am I explaining?" She said with an attitude.
"Why you haven't been talking to us for about 7 years now and the fact you have a daughter who looks to be -"
"Almost 7? Yea I know how old my daughter is. Do the math idiot." Stefania snapped at her. 

Jessica's face dropped in shock. Stefania has never spoke to anyone like that. It was always her nice, sweet, loving tone, but now it was full of rage and anger. Jessica still stood there looking back at the Italian who's lunch break was now over, and she had to get back to work in the next 5 minutes or she could lose her job. 

"Ok, if your gonna stand there looking like a dumb deer in headlights, then I'll advise you to leave. I have a job you know." Stefania snapped now putting her shoes back on and walking over to the kitchen to grab her phone and purse. Jessica still standing there watching her.  "See I don't have time for this." She grabbed Jessica by the arm and dragged her out of her apartment and locked the door. "If you'll like to meet again on some more of a heads up term then text me, otherwise you can leave now." She she motioned her to get into her car. 

She finally made it back to the bank, with just enough time to spare, mad as ever,  but she knew the anger would pass within the hour or two she has left. Usually after lunch the bank is not that busy and she didn't have that much work to do so she had some time to spare and of course, the only person she could text was the only person she could count on, her girlfriend. 

"Ok Charlie chill!!" Danielle said trying to blow dry the dog she had just given a bath. Today was on of those days were Danielle went to work. Her mom was the owner of their grooming place and they were full on staff so Dani always did the books or something math related. But today they were under staffed and she volunteered to take the place of someone for some extra cash. Even though she gets payed plenty already. 

As she was brushing through the dogs fur, she received a text message to her phone. 

S.Spampinato: Hi bella! :)

She was the text message she received. She quickly drew a smile onto her face  sitting the brush down and quickly texting her girlfriend back . 

D.Savre: Hi beatiful! 
S.Spampinato: How has your day gone so far? 
D.Savre: Good!! Got to clean and shave a lot of dogs today. How was your?
S.Spampinato: It started off ok but then it turned bad.  :-(
D.Savre: Whatt!! How? Is there anyway I can make it better?
S.Spampinato: It was just some conflict between me and an old friend of mine. But you can also make it better by just texting me :)
D.Savre: Ok great!! But did this old friend hurt you in anyway?  If so just send me their adress. I'll have a nice talk to them. >:-) 
S.Spampinato: Beside getting pushed into a wall no. And no I'm not about to send you her address. 
D.Savre: It's just a friendly talk. 
S.SPampinato: No bella!! It's fine. 
D.Savre: Your positive?
S.Spampinato: Yes!!

"On second thought mom, I don't need to take off." 
"You sure honey. If you need to then go ahead." 
"No I'm fine."

She sat her phone down back on the counter and continued to work on the baby golden retriever in front of her. "Alright Charlie you are good to go! But first some perfume. Which one? Sugar cookie or peppermint?" She asked the dog acting like she was gonna reply. But she did. She barked and then stuck her paw out at the bottle of Sugar Cookie perfume. "Sugar Cookie it shall be Charlie." She said and sprayed the dog with the perfume. 

Danielle sure had a good day today. Being surrounded by one of her favorite animals, but on the other hand Stefania not so much. But if only she could see what tomorrow would bring. And trust me it would be worse than what happened to her today. 

A/N: Just a little shout out to my new group of friends I made!! This goes out to them!! Hope you guys enjoyed<3