Chapter 4b - Date Night.......

A picture of Josh.

"Hello?, anybody home." I called out.

I walked up the stairs and found myself walking towards my parents room. I was about knocking when I heard voices. I quickly halted and eavesdropped. It was Dad's voice and he was having a conversation with someone.

"No, you can't do that" Dad said.
"Please it's too soon." Dad pleaded and sighed.

" In two weeks, come on, I...."

I barged into the room without thinking and met Dad pacing.

" Dad?" I muttered surprised.

" Why is the place so quiet?" I questioned narrowing my eyes.

" Oh I relieved the workers and I wanted to take a nap." he yawned nervously.

"Okay, I'll leave you then." I walked towards the door.

"Sweetie come here." He tapped the side of the bed.
I quickly popped beside him.

"What's up." I grinned.
"You know I love you right?" He asked. My heart started pounding. This only happens when I sense something unusual.

" Is anything wrong?" I asked.
"Are you saying I can't love my little girl again." I chuckled.

" No matter what happens I'll always love you. Got it?" He smiled.

" Got it, I love you dad." I smiled.
" I love you too." He hugged me tight and kissed my forehead.

Two hours later.
I woke up to find myself tucked in bed. I looked around and realized I was in my parents room which means I slept off while chatting with Dad.

I glanced at my phone and noticed it was 6:15 pm. I know I had to be somewhere but I don't know.........yikes.

The date? Gosh I'm so late.

Josh will be here soon. I ran hurriedly into my room and got into the shower. I hurriedly took my bath and brushed my teeth. My breath came in ragged pants as I wrapped the towel around my body and started with my makeup.

I stopped midway when putting the blush on my face. Nicky opened the door, scanned through my messy room well I kinda made a mess when I was picking an outfit.

"Girl, what the fudge? You have one minute to get down." She said in a tone of superiority.

"Okay." I rolled my eyes. She left my room so I concentrated on my makeup.

I put on mascara and lip gloss. I quickly slipped into a leather skirt and black cropped top with red jacket. I barged into Nicky's room and took her purple sneakers.

Angie's look.

I walked gently into the parlor to see Josh seated in the hall with Fred

I walked gently into the parlor to see Josh seated in the hall with Fred. Uh oh this must be so awkward for him. The boy was literally sweating.

Fred who had an expressionless face and Dad who had a bored expression glared at Josh.

This cannot be happening. I thought to myself. Their looks can make one pee in his pants.

" Dad, Fred......this is Josh...my uh friend? We're going on a date." I said stuttered unsure of what to say.

"A date?" They said together.

"Yhhh...yes a date and we'll get going....we're late so bye... love you." I threw imaginary kisses in the air.

" Be back by nine." Dad said sternly.

" Break her heart and you'll regret the day you ever live." Fred threatened with a dead look.

Sweet cheese. I covered my face in shame.

Josh wrapped his arms around my waist protectively and chuckled nervously.

" This is so embarrassing." I thought out loud.

"Shall we." Josh muttered in an audible tone.
"Yes, we shall..." I smiled adorably.

He reaches my side of the car and opens the door for me. Smiling childishly, I enter the car and try to calm my racing heart. He enters and starts the engine.

"Where are we going?" I ask, staring out of the window.
"It's a surprise." he hums.

"You do know that I hate surprises, right?" I groan.

"Relax, you'll love it. This is going to be fun."
I turn to look at him and held my breath. When did he get so close?

He draws closer till I feel his breath on my lips. I turn my head sharply and push him gently.

"You should keep your eyes on the road." I murmur.
He clears his throat and nods.

"I'm sorry-", "I apologise-" We both say at the same time. We laugh awkwardly.

"I shouldn't have done that or tried to do that. You look really beautiful." he apologizes sincerely and compliments.

I hit his shoulders and smile bashfully.
"Not to worry, I forgive you and Thank you." He stares at me in admiration and starts to drive when he sees the green light.

Whew, I thought it was going to be awkward for the rest of the drive.

He makes small conversation with me while driving and I kept smiling like an idiot. He had quite a great sense of humor and I liked it. He wasn't proud or narcissistic like other boys too.

I zoned out on the conversation but I was snapped back to reality when he said we've arrived at the place.
"We're here!" he exclaims.

Finally. I exhaled. I can wait...who knows he might tell me he likes me or even we might...oh gosh I'm panicking.

" Calm your pants silly." Patty scolded.

Patty is my annoying subconscious who never fails to kill my joy or vibe.

A/n: This is a continuation of chapter 4 since I was unable to finish typing. * Yawns*

So yhhh who do you think Angela's father was talking to?

How do you think their date's gonna go?

Find out in the next chapter!!

Comment and vote xx 💞💅