Chapter 14- Last moments in Orlando

A picture of Simone

~Annika

To say I felt bad would be an understatement. I felt terrible for the fact that I couldn't protect my sister.

I glanced at my sister and she looked lost in thoughts.

" Angela-"
"Angela" I reached out to her but she flinched from my touch.

"Don't..... Don't.... Don't..." She stuttered.

" It's me Annika." I said as I tried holding back my tears.

I tried snapping her back into reality but all she did was to stare into space.

At this point I realized there was a God above staring at me. But where was God when we being abducted. Where was He when my sister's fate was being sealed.

I was already a crying mess. At this point I even doubted the Existence of God.

" Daughter." A voice called.

" Where am I?" I asked confused.

" You're with your Father. The Lord God. The I Am that I Am. The Lord of Isaac and of Jacob. The Alpha and Omega." The voice replied.

" Where were you when we were kidnapped? Where were you when my sister was being sold off? You say you are the Lord God yet we go through all this why?" I questioned.

" My word says; Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy ladden and I will give you rest." He answered.

" For no condition is permanent. Go and never doubt your father in heaven. Seek me and ye shall find me." He replied.

" Annika. Wake up. We're here." Angela said.

" Where are we?" I asked.

"I don't know." She walked away before I could reply.

I sighed as I got down from the car. I looked around and saw Fred talking to another guy.

I walked pass them into the house without acknowledging them.

" Is that yo sis." The guy asked.

" Yeah." Fred replied.

" She fine. She fine."

" They're off limits bro. They're not in the right state of their minds so I'll kill you if you try any funny business." Fred said in a dead serious tone.

" Chill bro. They're like my younger sisters." He replied.

" Thanks man. You've really helped us." Fred appreciated.

" It's cool." He said as patted his back.

I scanned through the house and it was cool and cozy.

I sat in a chair and took my phone.
I turned on my data and saw 27 messages from Simone, 4 from Dad and 17 from Mom.

I immediately blocked Mom and Dad and contemplated on replying Simone's messages. I decided not to reply because at this point I couldn't trust anyone back home.

I walked towards the stairs and saw a room's door ajar. I entered and saw Angela lying helplessly on the bed.

I prowled towards her and sat on the bed.

"Angela I'm sorry......I shouldn't have let you sleep in your room alone knowing how dangerous it could get." I muttered apologetically.

" It's not your fault. We're all going through a hard time." She said looking at the ceiling.