Chapter 17- Sick introduction

Song for this chapter
Baajo by Kwesi Arthur

Monday came faster than expected and I didn't want to go to school but I didn't have a choice. My books were already packed and our uniforms and everything we're set but now I didn't feel like going.

Fred has been nothing but a pest constantly barging into my room without invitation.

Ever since we came to Ghana, I've been a little gloomy and I've become nerdier if that's a word.

" Angela." Someone yelled jolting me back into reality.

" Will you come down here. Don't you know you're going to be late for school? If I come and meet you in your nightwear, you won't like me o. Ah!" Agnes nagged.

I quickly walked into my bathtub to take my bath. I slipped into my undies and wore my well ironed uniform.
The uniform was a cream shirt and white tie with green stripes on it alongside a green skirt which fitted me perfectly.

I wore long white socks with black shoes which was prescribed according to the school's handbook. We removed out braids on Sunday since it wasn't allowed. I styled my rich virgin hair into a bun and layer my edges neatly.

I took my bag and walked to the dining hall.

" Good morning." I greeted.
" Morning." Their response came in immediately.

" Girl you dripping." Phoebe hailed.

" You look hot." Annika said as she scanned me.

" You're a juice. You're a spicy-"

" I seriously do not like this uniform I mean what's all this." Fred sneered interrupting Phoebe.

" Bro so because you don't like it you interrupted my speech ehh see ehh the uniform is too long because if you see other girls you'll die. And relax I got them." She waved him off.

" You got who?" We asked trying to hold back our laughter.

" Whatever though. But you girls listen up no boys. You're going to school to learn not do any stupid romantic nonsense and Phoebe tell that dude to watch his back." Fred said seriously.

" Ahhh you were eavesdropping?" She said as she walked dangerously towards him.

" Chill just looking out for you." He said in a bored tone.

" You're too overprotective." She huffed.

" Of course. Give me one reason why I shouldn't be. Aren't you like twelve?" He mocked.

" Get going kids. You'll be late. Annika and Phoebe stay out of trouble. From what I've seen so far, Annika likes trouble so you girls be careful. Angie be good okay?" Grandma said as she handed us some cash.

" What! Grandma? How could you?" Annika asked dramatically.
I only rolled my eyes as I pulled her to the car.

Fred accompanied as to school after series of persuasion.

We got to school after about 20 minutes and it was so quiet.

" Classes are in progress. Fred accompany me. Please. Please." She pleaded as he held onto Fred.

This little brat.

" Fine."

We got to her class and entered since the door was ajar.

" Miss Peters. Why are you late for my class?" A bald man asked.

" Sir. Hi. I'm her brother and something happened back home so we had to be late." Fred lied smoothly.