Chapter 33- Last day conundrum!

A picture of Melissa✨

The term had come to an end and the school was noisy because it was the last day of the term. I sighed and relaxed in my chair.

"Get up and do something you pathetic little child." Temilade screamed in my ears as she jumped on me.

" Ugh. Get off me." I playfully glared at her.

" Oh what a sad life you have." She shook her head and I chuckled.

" Here let's take pictures." She brought out her phone and started taking pictures.

" You rebel." My eyes widened.

" Please. Please." She eyed me.

" What's happening girls." Michael said cheerfully as he got to our place.

" Nothing much just trying to advise a rebel." I faked a smile and Temilade hit my arm.

" Ow. What was that for?" I rubbed my arm in pain.

" Who's the rebel here. I'll slap you oo." She joked.

" Hey guys." Carlos greeted and did some handshake thing with Michael.

" Hi." I smiled and he returned my smile.

" Where have you been?" Temi asked.

" I got you food. You've not had lunch right?" Carlos asked me.

" Nope not yet. Thanks." I gave him a lopsided grin as I snatched the polythene from him.

" Hei. See me see wahala oo. Michael are you seeing this?" Temilade clapped her hands dramatically drawing my attention.

" So Carlos I asked you a question and you ignored me and you people are here doing you lovey dovey nonsense ehh?" Temi eyed me.

" But he got me food." I defended Carlos.

"Is it only Angela you saw here?" She attacked him.

" Oya he's sorry na." I attempted to speak pidgin and they all burst into laughter.

I frowned and opened the bowls.

" Ouuu you got me waakye. Been a while since I had that." I looked at the savory food in front of me.

" Wahala for who no get boyfriend oo." Michael said and he high-fived Temi.

" Not now guys." Carlos rubbed at the back of his neck.

" Ain't you gon' eat?" I asked them.

" I'm good." Carlos replied.

" I'll eat though. Let me grab a spoon." Michael rushed to go bag.

" Get one for me too." Temilade clapped her hands in excitement.

Meanwhile.........

" Hi Nicky." Geoffrey greeted Annika.

" How may I help you?" Annika said as she popped her gum.

" I wanted to ask you if you're free tomorrow?" Geoffrey said as his eyes roamed through the class.

" I'm busy." Annika replied.

" How about Saturday?" He questioned.

"I'm babysitting." She replied curtly.

" Okay then-"

" Bruhhh. She's clearly not interested." Asaabea rolled her eyes at him.

" There's no need to be rude though." Annika whispered to her and she rose her hand in surrender.