Chapter 19- Meeting Carlos

"Gosh is she dead?" A voice that sounded like a male said.

"Let's wait for her to wake up." Another voice said. I slowly opened my eyes and I saw a light skinned boy about my age with his deep caramel eyes staring closely at me. His face was so close to my face. I slowly sat up rubbing my head in pain.

The boy was shirtless and his sweatpants hanged dangerously around his waist revealing a small part of his boxer. He was very handsome to be honest.

"Are you alright? You zoned out." He said coldly.

" What happened..?" I groaned as I tried getting up.

" I don't know...uh my friend and I found you in the bush. I'm Jake by the way." Another guy shrugged.

What!how! My mind went back to how I got lost in thoughts while jogging. Who zoned out when jogging. Angela does and the sun is up. Fred is so gonna freak out when he finds out I'm not in bed. Annika might just kill me.

" Looks like we found a princess in distress. " The Jake guy said jolting me back into reality.

" huh."
" You zoned out a lot." He replied.

I tried getting up but I staggered and landed on my butt.

" Need a hand?" Jake asked as he stretched his hand.

" I'm good. " I said as I got on my feet.

" Okay. See you around." He winked as they walked away.

I took one last glance at the boys and started walking away. My ankle hurts really bad so I was limping and I had to sneak back before I get caught. I continued limping suddenly a black jeep halted right in front of me.

The tinted glass came down.
" Need a ride." Jake asked as his friend who I didn't get his name earlier minded his business.

I raised an eyebrow and answered "No please. I'm good." I limped in front of the car and continued my painful journey.

"Oh come on. You're badly injured. So just hop in." He insisted.

Doesn't he get it. I'm freaking good.

"Thanks again but No." I answered politely.

I was about taking a step when I heard a cracking sound from my ankle and a long excruciating pain followed. I pursed my lips as I shut my eyes in grimace. I tried walking but I tripped and fell on my butt. Again.

"You never listen. Do you?" Jake asked chuckling.

What a jerk. He's chuckling while I'm sitting on the road embarrassingly.

" Oh please, you ow-" I whimpered holding my leg in pain.

" You're stubborn. Let me help you." He offered and winked.

"Got something in your eye?" I asked as I took his outstretched arm.

"No..why?"

"Oh then if this is you trying to wink or flirt or whatever you're doing kindly stop. You suck at it." I bluntly confessed.

" Damn. You're mean." He helped me to the car. He put his hand around my neck and I eyed him as I removed his hand. I sat in the chair and curled my leg on the chair.

" Don't put your leg in my chair." The guy in the front said.

" I'm sorry but I'm in pain so.....you have to cope with me." I responded.

" That's your problem deal with it but don't put those legs on the seat." He said rudely.

" Well excuse me, you mean these pretty things." I said gesturing to my legs. "That's bad cause I ain't removing them. In as much as I don't want to be in this car. I need the ride so try and be civil." I said equally matching his tone.