Chapter 9- What are they hiding?

So as promised here's an update!
Hope you like it.☺️
Playlist for this chapter 😚 Bad guy by Billie Eilish.

~Angela

I was awake all night thinking of how I made a fool out of myself. I am really pathetic. Nothing I do seems to go right. I lost two important people in my life just in a few hours. First my only friend then my crush. I don't know maybe I should apologize to Cathy. I thought.

~Girl are you kidding me right now. Patty said.

Well what do you want me to do.

~I was gon' tellyou to pull yourself together. They're probably partying and you're here moping around.
You look pathetic and helpless by the way.
Ain't that amazing. I said sarcastically.
I don't know why but I feel the urge to learn how to speak an African language and learn Karate. I only learned that during the sixth grade so I'm prolly rusty.

~ What! I hope you're not going crazy? And since when did you like Africa well I know you like the people but you claim the place is "too hot" she mimicked.

I know but I said the place not the language right by the way I need to decide on what language I'm gonna learn whether the Ghanaian Twi or Nigerian Igbo or Swahili or whatever.

~Dang you even know some languages but I think you should talk to your parents. They're Africans

Just then I realized I didn't know anything about my parents. I knew they were both from Africa but I didn't know the country and we never visited their hometown. They always changed the topic when ever we brought up their parents or family.
Whoa. I don't even know where Dad works. I can add this to my operation.

~ what you thinking about? Patty asked.

You're in my imagination, shouldn't you know this? I sassed.

~ whatever but wow you know nothing about your folks but don't you think that's weird.

That's so weird.... I'll ask mom and about the language thingy I'll study Twi since I can already speak Spanish, French and German.

~That's your problem girl.
Whatever.

I don't know when I feel asleep but I woke to see Dad standing beside my bedside.

"Dad." I called out.
"Honey... you're awake." He replied.
"Yup...so what brings you to my room this early morning."
"Sweety....I came to speak to you." He said nervously.
"Dad if you're here to apologise it's fine." I yawned.
"Well.... actually I'm sorry I guess I was a little too harsh." He concluded.

"A little...pffff." I scoffed.
"You basically scolded me for nothing and to make it up to me.....I need you to give me some cash and buy me 3 bowls of ice cream." I ended.
"All done." He said unamused.
"What!!! How did you know I was gonna ask you for that." I folded my arms.
"You never really ask me for money and I thought I should just credit your account." He grinned.

"Thanks Dad...I love you." I hugged him.
- I'll miss you princess.
I was so sure I heard him say something like that.
"Did you say something." I raised an eyebrow at him.
"Nope nothing not at all. So about what I came to talk about." He changed the topic.

"Ohh...yh." I sat up.
"Uh....honey so you see...I uh- " Annika barged into the room munching hungrily on those poor chips.
"Annika Meghan Parker." Dad barked.
" Calm your horses Anthonio." She smiled goofily at Dad.
"Angela here needs to get ready." She said.
"Yhhh...you mean kid. I'll talk to you later Angie." Dad kissed my forehead and walked out shooting daggers at Annika who only shooed him in return.