Chapter 16- New school and New beginnings

Hiiiiiiiiii💕
A picture of Phoebe 🌝❤️

After taking a nap. I went into Phoebe's room to get more information about the school we're going to attend.

" What's the name of the school. Tell me something!" I demanded.

" You'll be attending Elites Senior High. ESH is one of the best High Schools in Ghana. In Ghana's Senior High School system of education we have 3 classes. Well not three but like SS1, SS2, SS3. And there are numerous courses Like General Science, General Arts, Visual Arts, Business and Home Economics." She said.

" You'll write the entrance exams which is not normally done especially when you're not in SS1 but Grandma has links so you're in luck." She winked.

" The entrance exams will determine the course you'll offer so which one do you think you're going to offer?" She asked.

" I'm gonna take General Science." I said confidently.

" Wow then you've got some brains then." She muttered.

" Well..... which course do you offer?" I asked.

" I offer General Arts so I read Geography, Economics, Government,
Elective Maths, Literature in English,
French, CRS and Ghanaian Language. Ghanaian language can be any of the nine local languages taught in schools but however in ESH they teach only three of the local languages that is Fante, Ga and Twi but I do Fante because I just like it. It's similar to Twi though." She ranted.

" Wow.... That's a lot. You study a lot of things in Ghana. Your history might be thick." I replied.

" Oh I bet you it is but you're get to know it as you learn. I'm not your history teacher. I can't be explaining stuff to you." She sassed as I chuckled in amazement.

" So what courses are read under General Science in SHS." I asked.

I had to know more about what I wanted to be so I won't appear aimless when I go to ESH.

" You'll offer I think Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Elective Maths, Core Maths, English, Social, ICT, some do Geog also but see eh I don't know when we go to the school ask them. Abeg leave my room I want to sleep." She said pushing me out.

" Sis relax." I teased.

" Go and revise or something you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow." She banged the door.

Rude thing.

I decided to survey the house and went room after room. I finally got to the last room.
I knocked and waited for a response.

" Come in." The person said.

I opened the door to reveal Grandma Florence in her night wear.

"Oh good evening ma'am sorry I mean Grandma." I greeted.

" Come. Sit here my dear let's have a little talk." She gestured by her.

Well this is gonna get intense.

" You were saying?" I asked.

" I know that back in Canada you had very traumatic experiences no child your age should go through but you have to pull yourself together because you're not the only one hurting. You should see Fred. He really tries to be strong for Annika and yourself but you especially because he knows how sensitive you are so please and please try to let go of the past. I'm not saying it's going to be easy but you cannot hold on to it forever. You have a new life and a whole new lot to achieve so be brave child." She said looking at me intensely.