Chapter 10 - Simone

Above is a picture of Mrs. Parker.

Hope you like this chapter x

I stood transfixed at the spot till I felt Annika's presence.

"Hey you okay?" She inquired.
"Yeah... I'll tell you later. There's more to this than we know." I inhaled.

"Okay? Let's get going." She chirped.
We descended the staircase and met mom typing furiously on her phone.

"Mom...Dad.... we'll be going now. See you folks later." I grabbed my bag and walked towards the car. Annika followed closely behind and hopped into the driver's seat.

"Whattt! You're driving?" I groaned out loud.

"Nuh uh I'm preparing a burrito for you." She hissed as she started the car.
"Goof."

We sat in total silence through the journey. I was thinking of a way to carry out my plan but I knew we would need an adult. Fred maybe. Well he might know something.

I turned up the volume and started humming the lyrics of Dream It Possible by Delacey.

🎶 I will run, I will climb, I will soar
I'm undefeated, ooh
Jumping out of my skin,
Pull the chord
Yeah I believe it, ooh

🎶 The past is everything we were
Don't make us who we are
So I'll dream, until I make it real
And all I see is stars

Annika was singing along and our voices blended perfectly.

🎶 It's not until you fall that you
fly
When your dreams come alive
You're unstoppable
Take a shot, chase the sun, find
the beautiful
We will glow in the dark
turning dust to gold and
we'll dream it possible.

🎶 Possible ooh.

🎶And we'll dream it possible.

Annika changed the song and Girl on Fire by Alicia played.

One of my talents was to sing but I was too shy to perform before crowds.
I have serious insecurities.

We got to our school and Annika parked at her usual spot. She was one of the most feared students in school. I didn't think anyone would like to be on her bad side at this hour.

I got down from the car and inhaled sharply. I glanced over at Annika and she looked bored.

She smiled assuringly at me and nodded. I walked through the hallway with my head down. Annika tapped me and indicated I should walk with my head up.

I followed her lead and walked with my head held up in pride. I acted so nonchalant and bored. People were giving me stares.

Some were as if they were scared.
Others were I can't describe it well that's their problem.

I walked to my class and took a seat in the front row normally I would have sat behind.

"Settle down class." Mr. Atkins said as he wrote today's topic on the board.

"Today we're gonna learn Algebraic Expressions. I know y'all have done this before so I'm gonna put some questions on the board and call you one by one to work it out for the whole class to see. Who'll go first."

Everyone was quiet.
"Let's see. Miss Parker can you help give it a try." He said.

Just great.

"Of course... " I stretched.

He wrote an equation on the board and I got to see work.

2x²y³ × 4xy + a(b+c)