Chapter 28- Trouble

My test results came in and everything was okay but well not too okay. Apparently I had acute bronchitis so basically I had to stay away from dusty areas and all those stuff. I also had to keep an inhaler with me always but that's not going to happen because I'll not get an attack.

I was leaving the hospital today and I was so excited. Finally going to get rid of this nauseating hospital scent and all the long lectures Chris would give me about why it's necessary to take my pills. One thing I'm going to miss for sure is the peace and sleep. My nightmares reduced and I'm sure they'll start again when I go back home. The demons in my head are not helping matters either. Constantly screaming weakling in my head but I'm strong. I'm Angela.

" Madam pack up and get out of here!" Chris screamed like the madman he is as he entered the hospital room.

" Oh puh-lease. I want to leave this place as much as you want me to leave. You're going to miss me just say it." I gave him a toothy grin.

" Nope. I won't and finally the PlayStation can rest." He sighed.

" Ha I'll be coming here often to kick your butt as always." I smirked.

" Of course. I'd like to see you do that. He said as he walked to the side of my bed. He took the inhaler and handed it over to me.

" Keep this with you always. If you get an attack again you not be lucky and I'd smack your head before treating you." He warned.

I grumpily took the inhaler and shoved it into my pocket. I turned and walked towards the door.

"Angela?" Chris said. I turned to look at him.

" Be a good girl okay. I know you're going through a lot but try and take it easy. I'm here if you need someone to talk to and stay out of trouble." He said in a serious tone.

" I'll try." I said and walked out. I reached the main entrance of the hospital. I paused when I remembered something. I dropped my bag and ran back to my hospital room.
I barged into the room and grabbed the medical books on the hospital table. I looked at Chris while trying to catch my breath.

" For someone who just got discharged, you shouldn't be running like this and seriously for these books?" He rose an eyebrow.

" They're the loves of my life." I said as I hugged the books.

" Nerd!" He laughed. I eyed him and went out. I took my bag from the entrance and walked to the main road. I ordered an Uber and went straight to Aunt Patra's place.

I got to the house and entered immediately. I inhaled the lovely scent of parlour and slumped tiredly into the chair. I closed my eyes.

" Where are you coming from young lady?" An old woman dressed in orange wrappers asked with a frown on her face.

" Excuse me?" I asked as I sat up.

" Ahh Awuradze! Children of nowadays, you asked them a question and they reply you with a question." The woman complained.

" Excuse me ma'am. I think you've mistaken me for Annika my twin sister." I explained.

" Will you shut up.When an elderly person talk you don't talk back." She reprimanded harshly.

I don't have time for this. I got up from the couch, swung my bag across my shoulder and started walking away.

" She's walking away from me. Ahh God a whole me." She wailed dramatically.

" You're being dramatic ma but I really want to sleep." I said to her and walked to my room completely ignoring her calls.

" This is absurd. I'll talk some sense into Martin when he comes home." I heard he yell once last time before I slumped tiredly into my bed.