Chapter 25- Tears

A picture of Temilade 🌺

This chapter is dedicated to
Keziahsampson
ItzGloriaAkua

~~ Despair will make you think it is all over yet there is still hope.

~ Angela

Tuesday arrived and we hadn't got our project work done. I was bothered because I might get an F. I avoided Carlos after his outburst. He tried talking to me but I didn't hear him out. We had Biology in the morning and I was currently seated in the hall.

We were still at Aunt Patra's place. We decided to leave after school. Fred wanted to drop us off at school so I was in the hall waiting for Phoebe and Annika.

Fred was in the car waiting for us to get going.

" Phoebe! Annika! Can you girls hurry. We're gon' be late." I yelled.

" We're done we're done." Annika said as they descended the staircase.

" Let's get going then." I said as we went out.

We entered the car and Fred sped off. The car drive was rather silent which was strange. Normally Fred would be bickering with Annika and Phoebe would be playing music but none of that was happening.

Everyone looked lost in thought. I glanced over at Fred and I noticed he tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

" Fred?" I called out.

" Yeah? What's up?" He asked.

" You good?" I asked in return and he only nodded.

I turned my attention to the window and closed my eyes.

We arrived at school and Fred parked in the parking lot. Annika and Phoebe rushed out of the car immediately it came to a halt.

I opened the door to get down but Fred stopped me.

" Angela uh....I have something to tell you." He announced.

Well this must be serious he never calls Angela unless it's serious.

" Okay. Any problem?" I asked casually.

" Um..... I'm leaving." He said.

" I don't understand. You're leaving to where exactly. Are you traveling for a few days?" I asked nervously.

My heart was racing.

" Not exactly. I joined the military and I'm going for peacekeeping in another country. I'm going Saudi Arabia and I don't know when I'm going to return. It might take months or even years. But I promise I'm going to come back to you girls. I'll return Angela." He dropped the bombshell.

What! No. No. No. This cannot be happening. Military? Peacekeeping? I was going crazy.

I looked up at Fred. I shook my head.

" When are you leaving?" I asked coldly.

" I...uh... Tomorrow." He replied as he tried taking my hand. I shoved his hand off and got out of the car.

I started walking away with tears in my eyes. I was angry. Sad. Confused and detached. I didn't know how to react.

" Angela. Angela. Angela. Wait." Fred said as he pulled me back.

" Don't touch me!" I yelled.

" Angela you have to calm down and understand me. I had to do this. For myself and for you girls. The decision is already made." He said as he hugged me.