The New Kicker

Later On The Football Field

The football team is practicing and doing drills under the supervision of Ken. Several of the team members fall down during a running drill. Finn is dressed in his football jersey and is stretching before practice. Kurt was dressed in a red sweatshirt and has a blue headband in his hair while Jesse was holding his football helmet. "Just relax, okay? Remember what I told you. Keep your eye on the ball...don't try to aim it. Okay, put your helmet on." Finn said to him and Jesse gives Kurt the helmet. "It'll mess up my hair." Kurt said adamantly making Jamey take it from him and he puts it on Kurt much to Kurt's distaste. "That's good. Red's your color." Jamey said to him making Kurt smile at him while Sebastian picks up a football making Jesse walk over to him and their start throwing it at each other. "Thank you for helping me with this, Finn. You're really cool." Kurt said to him. "Well, I figure, the more crossover between Glee and football, the easier my life's gonna be." Finn said to him and Kurt takes Jamey's hand and they walk away. "Woah. Woah, woah, where are you going?" Finn asks him making Kurt and Jamey look at him. "To get my music ready." Kurt said to him. "Wh-what? Are you nuts? You can't use that." Finn said to him. "But we did when we were rehearsing." Kurt said to him. "Practicing. And no one was around! Look, do you know how much interference I had to run with these guys just to get you this try-out? If you do it your way, they're gonna kill you." Finn said to him. "My body is like a rum chocolate soufflé. If I don't warm it up right, it doesn't rise. If I'm doing this, I'm doing it my way." Kurt said to him and Kurt walks away to get his music. "Can you talk to your boyfriend." Finn said to Jamey who looks at him. "He knows what he is doing and if something happens I will be there to stop it." Jamey said to him and he follows Kurt. Finn sighs and he turns around to see Jesse and Sebastian throwing the football around with each other making Finn smile. Puck approaches Sebastian and Jesse. "You two don't belong here." Puck said to them making the two look at him. Sebastian walks over to Jesse and stands in front of her. "I don't see rules about just playing around." Sebastian said to him. "So, what? You two do not belong on this field." Puck said as Finn walks over to them. "Puck, leave them alone." Finn said to him making Puck walk away from them. "Thanks" Sebastian said to him making Finn look at them. "Your welcome." Finn said giving the two a smile and he walks away. 

The four walk over to the team and Ken and they make their way through the crowd of football players. "Hi, I'm Kurt Hummel, and I'll be auditioning for the role of kicker." Kurt said to them making several football players laugh, and Kurt looks at them in disgust. Finn nods his head. Kurt makes his way to the center of the field with Jesse holding the stereo CD player, and Jamey walks by his side with a football. Jamey puts the football down and holds it for Kurt. Kurt stands at the ready and Jesse turns the stereo on and "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)" plays. Kurt dances to the music, making the siblings smile at him while the football players laugh at him. Kurt kicks the football and it goes all the way through the uprights at a high velocity. Kurt takes off his helmet as Ken rushes up to him. "That was good, right?" Kurt asks Jamey who stands up. "Aha, yeah." Jamey said to him making Kurt look at him. "That was good?" Kurt asks him again as Jesse and Sebastian walk over to them. "Yeah, that is good." Sebastian said to him as Ken and Finn walks up to them. "Can you do that with the game on the line and ten gorillas bearing down on you wanting nothing more than to taste your sweet virgin blood?" Ken asks Kurt. "Mm, sounds like fun. Can I have my music?" Kurt asks him. "If you kick like that, you can wear a tutu, for all I care!" Ken said to him and then he turns to the rest of the team. "Gentlemen! We have found ourselves a kicker!" Ken yelled at them and Kurt waves to the football team as Jamey puts his arms around him and gives him a kiss on the cheek. Jesse gives Kurt a hug while Sebastian messes up Kurt's hair.