Chapter 24~ Cast the Stone

Teddy and I sat down by the black lake looking out over the smooth water. It had been a week since the first conversation we had had about taking control. I had waited every day for Teddy to turn me in, to rat me out, to receive a letter from my mother or relatives hinting that they knew what I had planned and telling me I should run and hide, but they didn't come. That was a comfort. I could trust Teddy. I needed that. Because I needed him, I couldn't understand why but it felt like if he betrayed me I would never be able to sink back down after the nightmares threw me out of my body, or pull me back as the voices filtered through my head.

"Were you waiting to see if I would turn you in?" Teddy asked his voice didn't let on to any annoyance,

"Yes,"

"Didn't you trust me?"

"More than my mother, but I had to be sure," I said meeting his eyes. Then I felt the barriers fall as he let me into his mind. I felt the fear, we both knew if his father heard of this we wouldn't see our wedding day. The excitement because this would be a plan and a path of our own making. And something else, I couldn't put my finger on but I knew I felt it too it was bright, fluttery, warm, and safe.

"What do we want Teddy?"

"Power, control, safety," I was shocked by his last response my eyes widened.

"Have we ever been safe?" he shook his head looking back at the lake,

"I don't think so, our ancestors were hunted down and killed, we would be thrown into labs today, as children people wanted to kill us because of who our parents are, and now," he paused.

"They would kill us because of who their scared we will become," I finished for him.

"What do you want Jade,"

"A home, Power that isn't because people are scared of what I will do to them, but because they believe in what I am doing and at the very least respect me," I knew what fear was, I had seen how my mother wielded it, but it had betrayed her too, and people like the Longbottom's showed me that they wouldn't cower because of it, the brave overcome fear.

"Fear is helpful but it blocks progress, that's why so many abandoned my father, But Respect, people will always follow. What do you want out of a home?"

"Where I won't get killed in my sleep to test my skills, where there is yummy food, clean air, sunlight, and..."

"and what?"

"its silly, but I want someone to be there who cares, and maybe a dog?"

"Wanting someone to care isn't silly. Why a dog?"

"They are loyal, unconditionally," my eyes started to prickle I had never talked about what I wanted with someone who listened and wasn't going to use it to exploit me. Only Draco had ever cared. I looked at Teddy and I could see hesitancy in his face. "Teddy?" he looked up at me, "I promise I'll be there to care." I squeezed his hand before looking back over the water. I saw a tentacle in the background, there was the giant squid.

"I want to save the world, I keep dreaming about it dying, the plants can't live, and the air is covered in soot, the muggles are going to kill the world if they keep going," I announce after a long pause.

"Okay, I want to control the ministry," I look over at Teddy.

"Like King? Or Minister?"

"No, like I say what I want, and it will happen because the Minister will answer to me," Teddy says simply.

"You would love Lucius," I laugh because Fudge is terrified of my Uncle who as sweet as he is, was not very scary, even Narcissa was more terrifying than him.

"He is unique, I don't understand why Fudge is so scared of him,"

"I don't either" I say as we laugh about Lucius scaring the Minister of Magic.

"I want to be in charge though Jade, I don't want to listen to my father, or anyone if we do this," I feel a rock drop in my stomach.

"We are going to be partners Teddy, I don't want to be under you," His eyes widen.

"Oh no, I meant we are on top, partners in crime, life, and power, but I don't want to listen to my Father, we are doing this to take charge, I want to be the puppet master to the world, Muggle and Magic" the worry eased away.

"I can get behind that," I say standing up extending my hand to him.

"To being the puppet masters," he smiles his teeth flashing.

"To being the puppet masters," he shakes my hand before standing up and we start to walk around the lake.

"I think we need Draco, Potter, the Weasleys, and Hermione,"

"Done," I look up at him raising my brows. He lets out a laugh.

"We get Draco on board because he loves Hermione, and she isn't a pureblood besides what he says. Hermione wants equal treatment for all species by the Ministry," he explains.

"So, we can't blood or species discriminate. I think the Weasleys just don't want a war, funding the twin's Joke Shop Plans will help them like us, and Ronald wants recognition and help to learn stronger magic he actually has talent. Ginny likes Harry, I heard her thinking about it in the halls, and Harry, I think he wants to protect his family and friends." I explain. We had finished our walk and walked up the stairs when I heard someone clear their throat.

"According to educational decree, 31 boys and girls are not permitted within 8 inches of one another" Umbridge's high pitch voice squeaked. I took in a deep breath before turning to face the pink clad woman.

"Sorry Professor we were racing to the top and must have gotten too competitive," I said looking bashfully at her before glancing down at my toes and back up.

               "Detention ought to make you remember next time, tomorrow evening in my classroom with the Gryffindor's, I expected better from Slytherins, but I will see you both tomorrow in detention"