Chapter 22~back to Hogwarts

I stood in my room in the manor. Looking around I smiled at how the blue and green mixed along with all the accents of silver. I would miss my home and all the free time me and Teddy had but I was growing bored of not learning. A knock on the door sounded.
"Come in," I said and turned to the door. I looked to see Draco. He looked worried his face more pale than usual and there was a slouch to his normally uptight posture.
"What's troubling you Draco?" I asked as I walked to grab and shrink my trunk.

"I'm not ready to leave, what if she leaves me because of her friends?" he asks and I know immediately he is referring to Hermione.

"Draco, You'll never know for sure but it's best to live in the now and not worry about the then until it arrives to become the now. At least until you're ready to ask her," I tell him placing a comforting hand on his shoulder before walking out of my room and down to the front room where everyone is waiting. My mother stood by Lord Voldemort who were engaged in a secretive looking conversation. Uncle Lucius and Aunt Narcissa was talking to Teddy who was nodding with a solemn expression. I watched the room trying to read the scene. Hermione's trunk was not with Draco, Teddy's and I's. She must have gone to visit her friends. I grimaced at the thought of it. Her friends were not very nice people. The Weasleys were a constant source of annoyance and Potter was just not a person I would ever be nice to he always walked around with the aroura of being perfect and that everything revolved around him. What really spoke for her main group of friends were the loudness of their thoughts; always thinking about how important they are vanity and lack of humility mentally was annoying to listen too. After trying to listen to the unsaid words everyone had I realized they all had blocked of their minds. Slight annoyance filled me, I didn't like not hearing peoples thoughts. Teddy sensed my presence and looked up at me a small smile splayed across his lips and he motioned for me to come all the way down the stairs. I finished walking down the stairs and I felt my mothers eyes on me and her eyes bulged. I had turned my hair to be bright purple at the ends that faded to dark purple and then black it matched my purple leggings and black skirt that I threw a black blazer over.

"What are you wearing?" she questioned horrified.

"Clothes," I responded walking to stand by Teddy after shrinking our trunks with my wand before tucking it into a hidden pocket and going to stand by him. He gave me a funny look as I stood next to him. Why the purple hair? he asked mentally. Why not annoy her right before we leave? she responded back.

"Cissy! Lucius! you let my child leave the house to go into the public in those muggle like rags?" she screeched. Neither Malfoy seemed to want to deal with Bellatrix's drama and madness.

"She is fifteen Bellatrix if you need to worry about her clothes by now I think you have bigger problems considering she will be married in seven months." Aunt Narcissa said and from her anger filled eyes I started to wonder how much she approved of my mother's forced betrothal.

The room felt as if it dropped several degrees. Teddy let out a breathe beside me before I heard the Dark Lord speak.

"Bellatrix, Narcissa, if I may I think Jade's clothing choices are no longer in your hands. As custom has it when a young lady is engaged her life is to start to be dictated by her fiancé not her caretakers. So unless my son has a problem I would prefer that you let him handle her" though I appreciated his defense against my mother I started to question what he believed a traditional marriage is supposed to be like. A hand went to the small of my back making me jump. I turned to see Teddy looking at his father seeming to have a mental conversation. He nodded his head and spoke. "We are going to go now," and before I could say goodbye he wrapped and arm around me and we apparated to King's Cross Station. Before we walked into the Train Platform I grabbed his arm and pulled him around the corner so we wouldn't be spotted by any Wizards or Witches.

"What were they talking about Teddy? It sounded like-" he cut me off before I could say more.

"I know what it sounded like, I don't agree with it but it is tradition," he said his jaw clenching.

"What does everyone mean by Tradition!" I question exasperated. It is like everyone expects me to know what they are talking about but I missed some important conversation. "And why does it sound like you own me yet at the beginning of this you offered me a friendship nothing more not some lacking of rights," He seemed to get more annoyed after every word.

"I did offer you a friendship. And I thought that was all I would every really be forced to offer you. I didn't think they would expect-" he stopped talking mid sentence. I was about to question what he was about to say when I was suddenly flipping through the air and into platform 9 3/4. Once again my curiosity was killing me and I was about to ask a question when he grabbed my arm and pulled our trunks out of my pocket. Enlarged them and set them with the other trunks before pulling me into a carriage and sliding the door shut making a silencing charm around out cabin and then turned back to me.

"My family is very traditional and your mother's family was too. Compared to them the Malfoy's are very free and linnet. My father and mother from when she was alive I remember he ruled with an Iron fist his word was law for our house and nobody was aloud to make rules for his family and house hold except him and being engaged means you transfer from the control of your father to that of your fiancé or husband. But your mother is classic she expects all the formalities and the code of dress to not change and sway towards the muggle styles. That is why she is horrified by your clothes and hair color. Her challenging what I allow though goes against my father's beliefs." he said taking another deep breath.