Chapter 3

"It isn't wise to wander at night" the shadow says as I near him. "I could say the same to you" I reply. He laughs at my remark "but my dear Jade we all know nobody would want to harm me but you little princess are a different story." That's when I realize it is Teddy I am talking to. "Are u implying I can't take care of myself?" I question insulted that he thought I was unable to take care of myself. "No Jade I know for a fact that isn't the case but it is now my job to worry and so I will." I nod and continue to fly towards the manor. "We leave for Diagon Alley to get supplies tomorrow right?" He asks for once a bit uncertain. "Yes and then we leave for Hogwarts the day after." "How old are you Teddy?" I ask with sudden curiosity. "I'm 17" he responds "this will be my last and only year at Hogwarts." I look at him for we are walking back into the manor now "then why do you bother to go?" It makes no sense for him to go to Hogwarts if he isn't going to learn anything. "Three reasons. One being father wishes for me to go, the second being the food and, lastly you." I freeze shocked "you would go to Hogwarts just to be with me?" He nods "of course I for one do not want to be in a marriage to where I feel and know nothing about my spouse. It would be so, so boring." He finishes. "That is why I also came out, to make you a proposition." He adds. "And that is" I ask. "I won't push your hand till your ready and in exchange you will try to make this work and at least we can be friends." He says this with for once some uncertainty. "Agreed" I shake his hand but then for some unknown reason decide to hug him. When he hugs me back I notice how short I am on him the top of my head barely reaches his chin. "Well isn't this corner cozy" I turn to see Draco who seems to have just popped out of nowhere. He scowls "be nice Draco." I scold. He looks at me squinting his eyes not looking happy at all. "I should tell you the same thing. After all the times you have done this to me." he smirks happy with his come back. He may have had a point due to the fact that he was a player and tended to have a bring girls home with him. But after I stumbled upon him and another girl for the 4th time I started to bug him and the girl till they got a room. Now whenever he has a girl over they always go to his room or a guest room. "Is there a reason you are here Draco? Or are you just trying to make my life miserable?