Chapter 27- Stir the Cauldron

Sitting up in bed I feel a pounding in my skull, and I start to feel every vibration in the room. Pansy who is in the bed across the room is snoring causing an off beat pattern of air to come out of her mouth while the girls next to her are both on pace but offset. The pain grows the pressure expanding behind my temples making me want to scream. I quickly throw on my uniform and grab my cloak heading out of the common rooms at an extremely early hour. The air is freezing outside the school away from the roaring fires and snow crunches beneath my feet. Little snowflakes fall from the sky one after another. I focus on one and catch it with my mind imagining holding it up with a tiny hand. I try it again and again trying to find a way to hold them all up without touching the ground. After a minute the pressure behind my temples eases up as I hold the snowflakes up and I realize that the voices I had been hearing had faded, I tuned them out temporarily because as the snowflakes began to slip between my fingers I felt the pressure build up again.

               Build a wall. I imagined laying down bricks around a door that only I could open. That would block all the noise out in the room and leave me to only let people I wanted in. Looking over my shoulder I see students have started to mill around the buildings to head to breakfast or meet up with friends. What a strange base friendship was. You helped one another out for no personal gain and trusted each other to have your back while pulling crazy stunts or telling secrets. You trust family. That is what my Aunt had always told me. Voldemort failed because he didn't have family to tell him he was going to far to fast. Grindelwald failed because he didn't secure his family. The only people I could trust were family, but now. Now I wasn't sure if my family could trust me. Especially now that I was planning how to stop my future father-in-law. But he was only a seventh of the man he was supposed to be.

               Walking into the Great hall the smell of warm rolls made my stomach grumble as I sat down grabbing a roll and putting some butter on it. Savoring the warm sweet flavor as the bun practically melted in my mouth.

               "Should I feel jealous?" my eyes flicked open to meet Teddy's. He was smiling teasingly buttering his own bun before taking a bite.

               "depends, if there is another Teddy who can make these you may have to worry," I said smiling before taking another bite.

               "He'll be gone before you make it down the stairs with your bag,"

               "Avada Kadavra? Or Imperious?"

               "Both, he would teach me the recipe and then I would remove the duplicate," we both laughed appearing to be joking to everyone around us, but we were serious.

               "Would you want to try and approach Hermione today?" Teddy Asked. I shook my head causing the dark green curls to bounce against my cheeks.

               "I already got her, I think if you give it three days she'll be asking for help." I said looking over my shoulder to see her in what appeared to be an argument with Ron and Harry.

               "How?"

               "Fortis Scandalum, and I think the twins will support because we grabbed pie last night,"

               "Good, I got a letter from my father," Teddy said and I whipped my head around to look at him. This was the first Time the dark Lord had written him directly. "He plans on stealing the prophecy from Harry by getting Harry to find it for him. He plans to use Sirius to get him there,"

               "How?"

               "He has a link, he says but I don't know what he means by that," Teddy said his forehead wrinkled as he thought about it.