the contract - 01

୨୧

"follow the music, find the beat." the dance instructor said. everyone listened to the music and found the beat and started doing their own part of the choreography. "(y/n), your manager is asking for you in my office. everyone, practice with your partners, i'll be back."

you and the dance instructor walked to his office. your stepmother—who is also your manager, stood there, reading a bunch of papers. "ah, good. you're here." she glanced at you quickly and then went back to the paper.

"what's going on? what's in your hand?" you asked. you took a sip from your water bottle and knew whatever was about to come out of her mouth, wasn't going to be good.

"it's your new contract. i already discussed it and read over it and it is happening! a song plus the dance choreography planned will make people listen to you everywhere!" your stepmother said while picturing it.

"but..i just released a new album—we're doing another one?" you groaned as you put the water bottle down and sat down on the chair.

"hey! this is all for you, don't forget that. once this song comes up, everyone and everywhere will listen to you. we've already found the perfect collaborations." she said with a happy look, envisioning it.

"collaborations? plural?" you said, furrowing your eyebrows.

"we're meeting with their managers and the creator tomorrow. we'll discuss everything there. finish up whatever you need done today and head home and rest. you're gonna need all the energy you can get." she said. she bowed to the dance instructor as a goodbye and left.

you sighed. "i can let you go for today, go home and rest kiddo." the dance instructor hit your back lightly as he exited the office and went back to the others.

normal managers, or at least managers that were your 'family' would show you the contract and discuss the options but for you—no. nothing was your decision.

you grabbed your water bottle and went to the locker room. as you were changing into your clothes, you heard girls gossiping. "can you believe this? she just released an album not that long ago and she's already jumping to a new one. asking for attention much?" the girls laughed as they did their personal things.

sure, those words were supposed to hurt you—but this was normal and you normalized getting hate without letting it get to you.

"and she's always wearing that scarf, like what? who wears a scarf during dance practice." one of the girls scoffed. "such a weirdo."

you slammed your locker door close and walked to the exit of the room. you smiled at the girls who were just talking shit about you and made your way out of the building.

you entered your assigned driver's car and relaxed. you were tired and hoping since you just released music, you would be able to take a break but of course, you were already jumping on something new.

but honestly you were pissed because you didn't even get to read the contract or know anything else about this collaboration. plus she said in a plural way..you wondered who the other two parties were...

୨୧

it had turned to the next day, bright and early, nine am. after you got home last night to your small apartment, you instantly hit the showers and went to bed, skipping lunch and dinner. you just didn't have the energy for it.

you dressed in an all black outfit. the top was little see through, cropped and long sleeve. you paired it with black shorts and a belt that wrapped around your stomach and trailed down to your thighs, basically like a garter belt.