Chapter 8

(Naomi's POV)

— Timeskip of Four Years;

During our travels; Ellie (my nickname for Elena) and I discovered that several of the smaller outlying kingdoms in the EverRealm had begun to grow exponentially in power and evidently this caused worry and concern in the allied kingdoms mainly Norberg, Hakalo, New Maru (ruled by Antonia and her wife; Ixlan), and Soledad Island (an island being developed into a kingdom to the south of Avalor and ruled by Chloe and her girlfriend; Princess Mira of Jalpur, who used to be just a royal detective until Queen Shanti made her an honorary princess of Jalpur and although she was honorary; Mira was acknowledged as being a legitimate princess).

The most threatening kingdom in the EverRealm was the Southern Isles, they had begun building a massive navy as well as army and they seemed to be invading many of their neighboring kingdoms, however; for some reason the Southern Isles never invaded any of the kingdoms to their north, except for Arendelle but the invasion of Arendelle wasn't very successful and it ended with two of the 13 princes being either captured or killed.

The Southern Isles was located further south than Avalor, and it was considered as the Southernmost outlying kingdom in the EverRealm. The Southern Isles began invading smaller inept kingdoms or territories and claiming them as part of the Southern Isles, eventually; Princes Garrett and Reuben decided to turn their sights on kingdoms to their north other than simply Arendelle.

Queen Isabel and King James of Avalor had received a messenger scroll from the Northern Isles saying that their intelligence told them that the Southern Isles was planning to invade Avalor and other surrounding kingdoms. James and Isabel contacted their allies in nearby kingdoms to warn them about the Southern Isles and that they had learned this information from their ally; The Northern Isles.

Queen Valentina and King Alonso fortify their kingdoms, as do the others. Elena and I received word that the EverRealm-wide peace was now over, and one of Avalor's greatest enemies (aside from our long-term enemies turned allies; The Northern Isles and Enchancia) was planning on invading Avalor. This of course made Elena upset.

"I knew that stepping down as Queen was a bad idea, but I did it anyway. And now Avalor is going to be invaded by The Southern Isles and neither James nor Isa are experienced enough as rulers to mount a successful defense of the kingdom against the Southern Isles. Naomi, we need to return to Avalor immediately!" I dialed Chloe's phone number to warn her and Mira about the threat from the Southern Isles as well, while Elena contacted Empresses Antonia and Ixlan of New Maru to warn them also.

Avalor may not be ready for an invasion by the Southern Isles, but the newly developed kingdoms of New Maru and Soledad were well prepared. After getting off the phone with Chloe; I contacted my sister-in-law and brother-in-law in Avalor and told them that we were heading back home to Avalor and when we returned, I would be reassuming command of the Avaloran Navy and they asked about Elena, and I told them that Elena may no longer be Queen but she certainly knows what to do in case of an invasion. But this wouldn't be just any invasion, it was an invasion by the Southern Isles, the most powerful of all of Avalor's long-term enemies (next to the Northern Isles, which was now an ally).

Something was off about this, it was a little early for the Southern Isles to invade or attack Avalor. Was there something else? Something more sinister at play in this action or were the princes of the Southern Isles truly wanting a second EverRealm-wide war!? I was unsure, but one thing I knew was that Elena was acting more worrisome than she usually is and I didn't know why. "Ellie babe, is something wrong!? Do you want to talk about it with me!?" Elena looked at me and said something that shocked me to the core. "The Prophecy of Avalor's destruction is about to be fulfilled! Three centuries before the prophecy was meant to be fulfilled! We need to stop this!!"