Chapter 16

(Third-Person POV)

Carla and Queen Evielyn were on their way to the royal palace, where Carla would be staying for the duration of her trip to Earth, because Queen Evielyn told her that she could, but little did the Queen realize that Carla was going to be there for a minimum of two months. Carla was told by King James of Avalor that she could take her normal three month vacation time, which James had extended by two months, while she was on Earth. Carla didn't want to tell Queen Evielyn this just yet, because she was afraid that she would end up outstaying her welcome at the palace and also in SeLuna.

But this would not be the case. The reason being that SeLuna needed more allies to ensure the Council of Military Powers and the Confederacy of Free Nations wouldn't be able to invade the United Republics of Earth nor the EverRealm. Queen Evielyn acknowledged Avalor in her speech to the people of SeLuna, she added that as the princess of SeLuna, she and a princess from the EverRealm were betrothed, but something had happened along the way and the betrothal had to come to an end, freeing both princesses from their engagement. She then explained that the princess from the EverRealm who she was supposed to marry had fallen in love with someone else and that caused their betrothal to end, so they both were free and could love whoever they choose to.

-A few minutes later;

The Royal carriage was arriving at the palace, and as they arrived. The royal procession began blasting trumpets and the royal announcer declared that Queen Evielyn and the Royal Advisor of the Royal Family of Avalor from the EverRealm had just arrived. As the foot person opens the door to let Carla and the Queen out of the carriage; the crowd is shocked to find the Queen and Carla kissing. "Ladies, Gentlemen and Nonbinaries; it appears that there may possibly be wedding bells ringing in the near future. Queen Evielyn and a woman from the EverRealm have been seen in the royal carriage making out, it seems as though these two may have decided to begin dating when they were on their way back to the palace." A news reporter said as the whole kingdom of SeLuna was watching TV at home or as part of the crowd gathered at the palace to welcome the Queen and her guest.

Evielyn and Carla broke their kiss long enough for Evielyn to say; "Don't pay any attention to the tabloids and paparazzi here, they try to spin a false narrative about me every time a new guest comes to SeLuna from another kingdom, who is not a leader of our allies. Also, in SeLuna we have a customary public greeting and then a private greeting, the kiss was merely a personal greeting from me. But if you are really into the idea of me kissing you, then I wouldn't mind, see; I don't have anyone other than my family, and the palace staff. My sister has her girlfriend, my dad has my mom, I have no one. And it gets kind of lonely in the East Wing of the palace. But also, we almost never get any guests who are invited to stay in the palace, so the guest room which is on my wing, remains empty. My parents said that if I ever got a boyfriend or girlfriend and wanted them to move in, they would be allowed to live in the guest room. But, since I am queen of all SeLuna, I get to decide whether to keep the room vacant or to allow someone to stay there during a visit. When I invited you to be my guest in the palace; I actually planned to have someone occupy that room. And I want that to be you!"

Carla was happy, she and Evielyn stepped out of the carriage. The two were holding hands with one another. "Your Majesty, we're not even dating and yet you are holding my hand, in Avalor; hand-holding with someone who isn't your family is considered to be a marriage proposal." Carla says in shock. "To the SeLunese public, it also means the same thing. We have to play along with the tabloids and the paparazzi to make them think that I'm engaged." Evielyn adds.

Carla is amazed by this. "So, what would be a way of accepting your proposal?" Carla asked curiously. Evielyn smiled and whispered; "A Kiss." Carla leans close to the Queen of SeLuna and kisses her lips. The kiss lingers for about 10 seconds and then they end the kiss. "Now, you and I are officially engaged according to the SeLunese public." Evielyn smiled. "That we are, only now it's not just staged. It's official and despite everything; we are engaged to be married and it's as real as you and I are. Not just to the public but it's 100% real now!"

Carla didn't know what to do, she just seemed confused.

[A/N: Hi everyone, I am so sorry for not getting this story finished before the end of 2022, now that it's 2023; I have made it part of my focus to finish this story and have it completely published by the end of April. I have been working on Chapters 17-19 as much as I can, but with a couple of losses in my family earlier this month, I have been unable to focus and work on the chapters. But I promise; By the end of April, I will have finished "Elena and the United Republics of Earth" and the entire story will have been published in full on at least Wattpad by no later than May 1st. Please bear with me on this, and be patient. I am working as hard as I can to get this story done! I thank you all for reading the story this far, and I hope you will stay faithful to the end of the story. The ending will be a tearjerker and a very happy one as well. Thanks Again! ~Maliel_Devil91]