Chapter 28: What Will it Be?

----------------------------

Hey guys and gals. I'm back with this chapter. I decided to make it the length that it is because I felt that it was the best place to end it with another cliffhanger to keep you guys hanging around :) pun intended.

Now that I have been able to surpass this roadblock, I am making a promise with myself that I will upload a new chapter once a month at the latest. Though, I'm trying to make a change, so don't think that is what I'm going to do. 

It's not a schedule. 

Go to my profile bio and you will be enlightened.

As always, here is the new chapter. I hope you enjoy.

P.S. Thank you for 100k reads!

----------------------------

Two mysterious figures in black cloaks were running along a heavily used dirt road in the midst of the night. One of the figures if someone were to look closely for afar was a woman and the other a man.

The two of them were following behind the subjugation party that was a top secret gathering of many A-class adventurers with the target of multiple dragons. The two figures knew from the beginning that the party was going to fail on its own, but that is why they were sent to help with its success.

"12, how long until we catch up?" the female silhouette asked the male,

"Not long, 11." The male answered back.

Just by this small amount words, a person with half a brain could tell they were up to no good.

The two figures were expecting to be running all night to catch up with their target and cause a "coincidental" encounter that would allow them to join in said target group without much suspicion.

That is, until they saw the light of torches ahead of them.

Confused, they quickly jumped out of the way and hid inside the forest. No one should be moving down the road this late at night as it was dangerous to do so. Monsters were attracted to fire, despite being afraid of it. Especially insectoid ones.

They cloaked themselves with special magic and gear that would make their presences undetectable to the human senses and watch the large group of highly geared men march by, waiting for anything to happen.

The female figure, still under the effects of invisibility and anti-detection spells and gear, slowly followed behind the group and quietly, silently, kidnapped one of the men marching a bit too far behind the others without so much as a scream.

While the man that was kidnapped screamed and kicked with his mouth covered, he looked at the pink eyes underneath the hood of the female's cloak and instantly stopped; charmed.

"Uooh..." the man groaned; a dazed tone was clear in his voice.

"Who are you and what is this group's purpose?" the female asked the charmed, dazed man.

"...I am the A-class adventurer, [Storming Watermonger] and I, along with... the others ahead... were a subjugation party formed to... capture or kill a family of dragons nesting near... Teress village..."

When the man finished what was asked of him, he immediately passed out. The female silhouette nodded, flipped the man over, and made it look like he had collapsed to avoid suspicion of the subjugation party once they figure out his absence.

She quickly hid herself in the side of the forest that hid number 12.

"What do we do?" 12 asked 11, "The humans we were going to use to slay the dragons are running away. You saw the state of their logistics, right? Something must have happened that made them run away prematurely."