Chapter 27: Easy Come, Easy Go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the next chapter, I hope you enjoy.

Forgive me for this chapter being short. If it makes you feel any better/worse, I actually made a version of this chapter that was twice as long in word count, but I had decided against what I had written as it was out of place? It had that kind of feeling.

Let me tell you, the previous version went a whole other direction after the beginning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There was a flash of white. A color i'm very familiar with. Except, this certain kind of white flowed like a river with orange and red in a burst of heat, black dirt blowing into my face. With my eyes shut tight, I was launched into the air at a speed that felt like it wouldn't lose out to nosediving from the air.

Ragan's parting gift was self-destructing spell using her fire attributed magic. With every bit of her magic, not caring about what damage it may cause to others and the environment, she blew up. I put my arms in front of my face and immediately started applying healing magic myself while still in the effects of the blast to increase my chance of survival.

The deafening noise, the scorching heat, and the feeling of my limbs threatening to rip off. These sensations washed over my face as I fought through the pain.

Being at ground zero, I had felt the effects drastically more so than any other as I was set flying into the sky from the blast force alone. Other adventurers, Royal Guards, and even Yuri were caught up in it. No one was unharmed by the blast. I saw this as a chance to fly into the air, but my wings were shattered and couldn't immediately fly.

Struggling to control myself in the air, I heard the panicked shouts of the adventurers below.

"What happened!" Someone shouted to try to understand the situation. By this point in time, everyone was awake and pumping with adrenaline as the smoke and pain of the blast continued to cause harm.

"Who is the dumbass who released an explosion spell at camp!?" Another shouted loudly because of the ringing noise in everyone's ear. Screams of pain bellowed throughout the campground, fire engulfing everything.

"If you can use water magic, quickly douse the flames and save the supplies! We'll worry about the cause later!" someone else from within the roaring flames commanded. Those that overcame their confusion because of that order began to cast water based magics to stop the fires that charred the surrounding trees and threatened the stocks of supplies.

And finally after 10 long minutes, the flames were extinguished and the supplies were mostly safely secured. That was the only silver lining in this misfortunate situation. The smell of charred flesh and smoke was the only thing one could smell and hear as whimpers of pain echoed into the smoke covered sky, not even the lights of space there to grace them.

"The healer..." Someone muttered, a man with charred skin as black as burnt steak covering the side of his face, "Where is that healing magician?" At his words, the other adventurers had also realized my absence.

They did a headcount now that everything had calmed down.

The gathered adventurers, a total that used to be around 30 to make up for the lack of S-classes, was now reduced to 27. Including Ragan, two others had died to the explosion because they happened to be close by to the blast zone and did not have immediate treatment applied to them.

But, where is the healer that was travelling with them?

I was currently hiding while I slowly regenerated my missing leg. I couldn't fly at the moment and I couldn't walk. So, I was currently leaning against a large boulder as I focused on healing my leg.