Chapter 6: Dragon Spotted!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the next chapter, hope you enjoy. My time with my family was fun and all, but my papaw's huge yard needed a shit ton of work to make it presentable for the occasion. I thought the day was never going to end with how long my dad and I worked on it.

P.S It was mostly the backyard, and the family didn't even eat and gather there to see it so it was practically pointless other than saving my dear old man alot of energy and time. He's 77 years old...

P.P.S: The chapter glitched out and I have restored it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sans had instructed me to gather my mana in my throat and expel it through my breath. In all honesty, this is very easy for me to do. I have been circulating and Gathering my Mana throughout my body for 2 years now. Putting it in one place is not that difficult.

What I'm not so sure about, is the actual breathing out part.

This is called <Healing Breath> officially by Sans himself. A breath attack is a vital piece of a dragon's arsenal of moves. I need to master this move for a better survival chance in my inevitable danger-filled future.

Now, the breath.

It's only a theory, but I think this move involves combining the effort of manipulating my mana and expelling it at the same time. The move itself is made up of mana so its source has to come from somewhere, which is me.

Let's try and just gathering my mana there.

Focusing on my mana and moving it, it quickly gathers around my throat. Following that, there is a sudden bright purplish glow coming from somewhere near me. Is that my scale that glows when I start to do a breath attack that Sans mentioned?

Ignoring the light, there is a itch forming at my throat begging for the mana to be released. I breath out, facing dad, and nothing happens but the loud sound of me exhaling my breath with force.

"Setsuna," my mom pipped up seeing my actions, "you need to expel your mana along with your breath. I don't know where you learned how to start using your breath, but it might just be what we need to save your father..." My mom instructed me on how to use it, confirming my previous thought on how to use it.

I repeat my actions, expelling the mana that gathered and containing it in my lungs. I started to breathe in, white mana flowing out of my mouth. When my lungs were filled with air, I exhaled it.

I could sense my mana mix with the air and shoot out of my lungs with an amazing force.

Standing there with my mouth wide open, literally, what I saw amazed me.

(Edit: kind of like this.)

A humongous beam of fire-like pure white was shot from my mouth and hit dad. At the point of contact, it spread around his body and I could see the wounds on his body heal rapidly. His previous gashes and wounds that were bleeding profusely formed new flesh and closed up, scabs taking their places.