Chapter 43: Mission.

-------------------------------------------------

Not much of a Healing Dragon story, is it? What kind of Healing Dragon has powers other than healing? That defeats the whole premise.

What do you mean? That's obviously just a click bait title. I would have been more surprised if that bastard could create a story without giving the MC random encounters that massively boost their strength. It's not a shitty fantasy story without an OPMC.

That is true. Such is the sad truth for uninspired writers. That bastard only uploaded 4 chapters all of 2022, too. Can you believe that guy? 3 chapters in January, and the last one in August. Come on, you can't leave your loyal readers out to dry like that, can you? So heartless.

You think we'll ever be involved in the story?

At some point. We did create the world that he uses for his story, after all.

What if we are right now?

Hey, watch your mouth. We don't need any fourth wall breaks this late in the game. Though that bastard had tried it in chapter one by trying to get readers to pick the direction of the story, but since it was a new story at the time, there were no readers or comments by the time he made the second chapter, so of course he would of had to pick an option himself. At this point, It would be stupid of him to include them to do any fourth wall breaks. If anything, as long as we are within the author's section, whatever we say is liable to be held true.

If you say so. Heh, just in case we are right now, i'll just go ahead and say it: "Here is the next chapter, I hope you enjoy." 

Laugh. Out. Loud.

-------------------------------------------------

"Professor?" Archwatt worriedly called out for the Professor after the man's scream was telegraphed through the communication orb. "Professor, are you alright?"

The Professor was not alright. After all, there was a sword sticking out from his stomach. The Professor glared harshly at me, who had sent that sword through his body with the same technique he had to lift me: telekinesis.

The Professor, through sheer grit, held onto his communication orb. "I am... not in the best condition anymore, no." The Professor spoke through grit teeth. Using telekinesis, the same technique that I used to stab him with the sword, he pulled the blade out from his stomach and immediately began pouring healing magic onto his body.

That's right. The time when I had coated my sword with magic and threw it at him I had maintained a connection to the blade, waiting for a moment like this to happen. Based off the fact that he knew who I was and how the emperor seemed to treasure my existence, the chances of him lowering his guard and not executing me increased the unlikely chances of me pulling through with the gamble.

Though through this action, I have completely burnt any bridges I had with this empire. No one in their right mind would forgive the person who had gravely injured or maybe kill the most powerful mage in all the Tesla Empire. I was fortunate to even be alive against this guy who far outclassed me in magical strength and mana capacity despite him being a human. Granted, I don't really know the full capabilities of humans in this world.

I cast my eyes downward, yet still had a smile on my face. My body hurt. Everything hurt. Any useless struggle to move was stopped by the Professor's restraints. Blood pooled around my chained self and my heart pounded in pain. It hurt so much. Why, just why did I fight this guy? I never had the thought to in the first place, yet something I couldn't control compelled me forward- pushing me to the edge- eventually falling off. I'm not even sure if Siegfried is even still alive after escaping.