Chapter 45: Deductions and Destruction.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi again, I'm back after 6 months. Woo hoo. I'm just going to drop this chapter and peace out, never to be seen again until fate will it so I guess. I've been reading a novel called "Library of Heaven's Path" recently, so you might see a bit of Chinese style phrasing in this lol

Nah nah, just kidding. I got plenty of time now to work on things. Two words: fuck college. I'm done with it for the moment. And no, I will not elaborate.

Anyways, here is the next chapter, I hope you enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Parents."

"Yes, Parents."

The two men facing each other in a dimly lit black room, who both hold pieces of the country's highest authorities, came to the same realization; A realization that could spell disaster for not only them, but the entire empire. It wasn't anything that had never happened before, but when it did, all parties involved that was under threat of the disaster were disintegrated into nothing more than a "once upon a time."

If the two mens' earlier conclusions held any truth, that would mean that there were a pair of dragons out there that would soon come looking for their child that had gone missing. Dragons, the most powerful monsters in the world with varying degrees of lethality, regardless, extremely dangerous beings to face head-on. It was common practice to get rid of them when they were young because of how powerful they became when they grew. They were a rare sight in modern times, but that didn't mean they were extinct.

A dragon becomes an adult when the dragon meets one of two conditions: either living to be 100 years old or becoming a 'Master.' Humans referred to their differences as "Classes" and the dragons referred to themselves as "Ranks." Nevertheless, once a dragon met the prerequisite, that meant that they have proved themselves as capable against most threats and the parents leave them two their own devices. However, if the two men's presumptions were true, that would mean that Isis was a Master Class dragon, and yet was not old enough to even be more than 10 years old, much less 100.

She is a unique anomaly.

And since dragons never only raised one child at a time, that would mean the two parents' protective instincts for their children would not have dissipated if any of the other offspring hadn't yet reached Master class.

Archwatt, the emperor of an empire that is currently struggling against the mana of an on-the-run Death Dragon, might just soon be under siege against the might of two fully grown dragons when his empire has already been weakened to such a degree. If they were to attack now, there is no telling how far their rampage would spread.

The only thing Archwatt could rely on is the might and wit of Adventurers, who professionalized monster-subjugation and de-escalation, the man sitting before him, Professor Luna, and the entourage of mages he commanded. Archwatt's standard army would be useless against the hard and physically resistant scales of dragons, so they were insignificant variables he would have to conserve for other uses- which would be to pick up the pieces of what used to be the capital of the great Tesla Empire and the thousands of corpses that will be created in its fall.

Every member of a Royal Knight or Guard possessed the ability to simultaneously use both magic and weapons. They were very rare, important assets that Archwatt couldn't afford to get grievously injured as their health was the strength of the Empire. Should they fall, undoubtedly so too would Tesla.

Archwatt leaned forward in his seated position, resting his chin on the peak of his folded hands, pondering what to do against yet another threat that posed itself against him. His mouth felt uncomfortable due to the sudden desire to drink something, but he ignored it with a shake of his head and focused on the situation at hand. He needed to find a way to cool the wrath of the parents that may or may not exist. It was better to be safe than sorry, after all.