Chapter 40: A Zealot Dragon.

--------------------------------------------------------

In way, there is a pro to waiting so long to update. That is, the ginormous amount of notifications Wattpad saves me. When I uploaded the previous chapter on New Years, I had 4.3k notifications. I LOVE seeing such a large number, even if it takes months. I feel like an attention/validation seeking whore for this.😂

I didn't do it earlier in the novel, but to differentiate easier between speech in human language and Dragon language, I will add brackets to speech in Draconic. This does not mean that when a human character is performing a spell, they are chanting in Dragon language. Not everyone has the privilege of being a dragonborn, sorry. 

I don't make the rules. *makes the rules* 

Also, check out the A.I art somebody on iFunny made for me at my request.

The color palette of Setsuna isn't what its supposed to be and the wings are missing because, you know, it's a

The color palette of Setsuna isn't what its supposed to be and the wings are missing because, you know, it's a.i., but look at this magnificent piece. It's so pretty!

What about this one? Amazing, right? I certainly think so

What about this one? Amazing, right? I certainly think so. There are obviously going to be flaws to them because they are a.i. art, but ignore those and just bask in how awesome it looks! I felt so giddy and excited inside when I was shown these. They look so cool!

Anyways, here is the next chapter, I hope you enjoy it as much I had making it. I am reminded once again that making a tragic backstory, even if it's mediocre, is really fun.  

--------------------------------------------------------

"[Is someone there..? Please help me! I'm scared...]"

Before I realized it, my feet moved on their own towards the cry for help. The candles that once lit the spacious area had now gone out, leaving nothing but darkness and the echoing cries for help to guide me.

"[Where are you!?]" I called out in dragon language, my voice and the sound of my footsteps echoing off the walls. 

"[Over here!]" the voice beamed, the cry turned into hope upon hearing a familiar language. "[Over here! Please, help!]"  The sad voice continued to yell, and I followed after its origin. I found myself before yet another door in this god forsaken place. Without hesitation, I kicked it down.