Chapter 38: Suspicions.

‐-----------------‐-----------------‐-----------------‐---------------
Here is the next chapter, I hope you enjoy.

"He's an imposter!"

‐-----------------‐-----------------‐-----------------‐---------------

"..."

"...? ...!"

"..."

When my senses returned, the muffled verbatim of hearty laughter and excitement echoed in my head. The source of the noise coming from the floor beneath.

Taking in the sights of a room that looked like a hotel room, I tried to remember what brought me to be in this place. Wasn't I just in the Emperor's palace?

"Are you awake, my lady?"

As usual, whenever I awoke from a place I didn't recognize, Priest was nearby. Standing watch over my bed at arms reach, he had his sword at the ready.

When I tried to sit up...

-thump!

"Ack..." I rubbed against my forehead due to a sudden, faint pain.

My head hurt. It felt like it had a heartbeat of its own. I then remembered that I basically drank a whole bottle of wine. Shit tasted good too, so I didn't regret it one bit.

"How long was I out?" Like always, I asked Priest. I had blacked out, and now I wasn't where I last remembered.

"About two hours."

"Two hours? And I already have a hangover? That's weird... oof."

The last thing I could remember was that I was about to fight that sister of the Emperor. Her name started with an 'A'... ah, I don't care.

I told Priest what I last remembered and asked what happened after that. He told me that I soon fell asleep moments later and that I showed the Emperor that I was a child by unconsciously losing control of my magic upkeeping my older form and he figured out that I wasn't as old as he assumed I was.

Hearing that, I looked down at my body and realized that I was in my child form.

"That's not good..." I mumbled, "...How did that creep react to that?"

"He bowed to me, expressing his apologies. I would assume that he was ashamed that he fell in love with a child."

"Is that so?"

Personally, I could and couldn't believe it. That guy? Saying sorry? I was more or less surprised at how calm, or nonchalant, I was right now. That guy figured out I could change my age at will, one of my biggest magical secrets, yet now I can only view it as a shame that he knows.

I decided to change the topic.

"So, where are we?"

"We are in an inn near the gate. I assumed that my lady would like to spare as much coin as possible, so I picked a cheap, yet decent establishment. It is called, The Lightning Rod Pavilion."