Chapter 1: A Hard Choice, Help Me!

-------------------------------------------------

Here's the next chapter, hope you enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------

Okay, so that clerk guy said that I need to continue to spread this feeling that I have around my body and continue till an automated message detects that I have grown strong enough.

I do as he said and spread this feeling around me. I focus on it and it alone. As I spread it around, I get a feeling of what my body's shape looks like. It feels to me like a lizard head with a tiny body and appendages. It seems like I am in the stage of development where my brain had just formed. A dragon's brain must be very powerful if it can take the strain of suddenly gaining my memories... phew.

Getting back to the training, I spread that feeling for what felt like 10 minutes. I finally got that feeling of growing stronger again. I didn't hear that voice again, so I started doing it again.

If I had to guess, I think this "Feeling" is my body's mana. Just a total guess though. Based of context clues, it must be.

...

This actually is very tiring. Or it feels like it. Remember my football coaches' words when you got tired... "It's all in your head."

I repeated this mantra over and over in my thoughts as I continued to spread my mana throughout my body. Whenever I felt like giving up, I repeated and pushed just a little bit harder. I felt even more tired after the push, but I still kept up.

I kept going and going until...

That sense of getting stronger came.

Woah... I just noticed that this feeling... feels so good.

This feeling is the best feeling I have ever felt.

I need to get stronger. STRONGER!

'But... let's rest a lil' bit first...' I thought as the tiredness washed over me and I fell asleep.

*****

"Hey darling, look! One of our children are showing signs of being alive!" A feminine, loud voice resounded in happiness. This woman was in fact a dragon. A Light Dragon. With golden scales and ruby red eyes, she was watching over her eggs as a mother would incase something was to happen to them.

She was talking to her mate, a Water Dragon. This Water Dragon, with his light to dark blue scales and sapphire eyes, was lazily sleeping like a calm tide of water and was roused by his mate's nagging for his attention.

He slowly opened his right eye that was facing his mate. His sapphire colored eye looked at her then the egg. He sensed the mana around the egg growing and flowing. A sign that the child inside was subconsciously training it's mana before it's birth. A slight smile cracked on his face at the thought of having such a talented youngling.

"Wow, my darling husband who never shows much emotion is actually smiling!" The Light Dragon beamed teasingly.

The Water Dragon's smile immediately vanished as if to deny her claim. He puffed a vapor cloud from his nostrils and closed his eyes again.

"Aw, don't try to escape from it! You are happy that your going to be a father are you not?"

"Hmph." The dragon replied with a grunt.

"I can't wait." The Light Dragon looked at the three eggs with a motherly smile and coiled her body around them and rested her head on the stone surface of the couple dragon's cave.