Chapter 39: Take Lives to Save Lives

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the next chapter I hope you enjoy.

Happy New Year, Thus Starting 2023.

Real Life Update: Not sure you readers knew, but compared to when I was in my early years of highschool when I first made this story, I have, of course, aged. I am now an adult and am pioneering a life ahead of me so that I can live. (Fuck taxes.) Around half a year ago, when I last updated, I was actually in Trucking School to get a CDL. Now, this Tuesday, I am finally testing out to get it officially. 

Most of this chapter was written around September. I just couldn't find the time to finish it. I was in school, and I was working a job. If I wanted proper sleep, I would have to sacrifice writing time (what little I aloted to it in the first place lol) to sleep. I just couldn't do it. Additionally, since I graduated highschool, my school email was disabled on Microsoft 365, basically deleting anything I had saved. That was soul crushing enough to where I really didn't even feel like writing anymore. It was my fault for saving it on that email's cloud saving, but it really fucking hurt nonetheless. There were many experimental stories, all fantasy, chapter updates for other works, and even re-writes of other author's works (that I planned to show them).

Now, here I am. I planned on releasing this chapter on Christmas, but my job got in the way. 

Cope, Seethe, Mald. (I have come to find out that being mildly toxic on the internet is very fun.)

Again, as always, here is the next chapter. I hope you enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yama fled the scene as if he stole the world's biggest diamond. That bastard was apparently a mage, as he even applied wind magic to his feet to run faster. But even then he couldn't outrun me.

A sense of Deja vu came over me as I chased him. The last time I chased somebody using wind magic to boost themselves, it was Priest back when he was still human and they were running away to a specific location they had in mind. Thinking that, I chased after Yama at a slower pace to see where the rat's hiding hole was.

"FLINT LOCKWOOD! BRING ME THAT ASS!"

"NO!"

Yama cried out, a new kind of fear he'd never felt before overwhelming him. Cutting through alleyways and any shortcut he could, he desperately wadded through the streets trying to escape me. And in a way, it was working, but unlike that guy, I have the power of flight and a good sense of smell. Even if he escaped, I'd still be able to find him.

I purposely lost Yama then took to the sky. The setting sun had finally gone down enough to where it was dark out. My night vision, thanks to being a dragon kicked in so it wasn't too dark out.

Yama slowed down to a stop once he realized that he couldn't hear the sound of my footsteps chasing him. And after a few moments of searching around to make sure the coast was clear, bent over on the ground.

I landed on the rooftop to a nearby house and eavesdropped.

"Fuckin' hell. Just where did a bitch like that come from? Eugh..." Yama then began to weep where he was. Tears of frustration fell down his cheeks and he quickly wiped them away while making strange noises. He even rubbed his thigh as if to make sure nothing happened to his butt.

"What the shit am I to do now? What do I tell boss? Even if that little fuck didn't kill me, he'll kill me for sure... Fuck. We'll have to relocate..."

Yama kept his ears perked for any noise of somebody approaching, contemplating what to do. Not hearing anything and keeping whatever thought he had left to himself, after a while, he seemed to come to a decision.